Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"You're not your name."

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I fell asleep on the couch yesterday and walked up to my room at four in the morning, but on the brightside, I went to bed at 10 which is early for me.

Yesterday I started my physical therapy for my back problems. They did this thing called electrical stimulation. I just want to let you know, it feels amazing. At first it sounded really freaky. Like, I thought I was gonna get shocked, but it just tingles and feels amazing. I get that twice a week, so that makes me very happy.

I got to run my solo last night, and Pedro loved it. I'm so glad that he likes it. It's so tiring! I'm so glad that I have a lot of room to run because my whole solo is like that. You guys better come to the show!! You definitely don't want to miss my solo!

I finished Fight Club today, and I thought it was amazing. Absolutely fantastic. I adore Chuck P.'s writing style. He's truly an amazing author. I was a bit confused about the ending of the book though. I read it over a few times, and I was informed that Jack was actually in the hospital, not dead in heaven. That cleared a few things up for me. When I first read the ending, I thought he killed himself, and I got really mad. But now knowing that he's just in the hospital, that makes me feel better. Haha. I want to watch the movie really bad now because I heard that it's quite faithful to the book and quite rad. I'm looking forward to scenes like this with Brad Pitt with his shirt off. Yummy. I'm starting Survivor tomorrow. I have a whole list of books to read now. Good thing I finally got a library card.

Must Read List
-Invisible Monsters
-Fight Club
-Survivor
-Choke
-Snuff
-Rant
-Diary
-Lullaby
-Catcher in the Rye
-Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
-Bluebeard
-Brave New World

There are probably a few more, but those are definitely on the top. Thanks for all who recommended the books. The first eight are all Chuck P. books. What more can I say? He's just stellar.

reinvent love,
bria

P.S. I always try to decipher what you're really trying to say to me. And I hope I'm not taking this the wrong way, but I'm getting really excited. Should I be? I think so...(:

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Physical therapy just sounds scary itself. haha.
Ooh. I want to read Fight Club, but I think I need to read ~school-approved~ books for a while to boost my grades. bleh. I read Survivor, it's really great. Rant's trippy as fuck, but it's pretty amazing. You should read Haunted too. I'm reading Lullaby now. xD Reading Chuck books is fun. Snuff and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist are on my reading list too.

wide_eyed_dreamer said...

Fight Club the book goes into more detail than the movie with certain scenes, but if you've seen the movie than you can picture other scenes. I've read it and I love it<3