Monday, February 02, 2009

80+25

Yesterday was my audition for American Ballet Theatre up in Rockville, MD.
And overall, I think I did very well...
Okay, fine, I kicked ass. lol.

I was so nervous for this audition! I mean, it's ABT!! I can't stress enough how nervous I was for this audition...So, yesterday, Courtney and I woke up at about 11:30. It was lovely sleeping in that late. We ate a wonderful breakfast consisting of cinammon bagels and cinammon buns. Yum. Then, we rushed to get ready to go to the campus of University of Maryland. It was so nice being back in Maryland. It honestly felt like home to me.

The campus was so big!! There were so many buildings and housing and classrooms. It was phenomenal. We checked out the Performing Arts Center which was really cool. Oh, and there's only one thing I have to say: College Boys. Haha. I thought they would get more mature...The dorms look very comfy. Honestly, I can't wait to live in a dorm. Especially since I'll probably have my best friends with me. It's going to be so crazy but amazingly fun.

Then it was off to the ABT audition. I was marked as dancer number 80. I wore my leotard that rides up really really bad only because it makes me look skinny and my legs look longer. I borrowed Courtney's flat shoes since the only pair I had with me were those ugly leather ones. And I thank her so much for saving me like that. Pointe was really easy...I'm just so relieved that I didn't fail at this audition. This one was probably the most important to me.

The ride home was very splendid. We stopped at McDonalds, and I haven't eaten at McDonalds in about 3 years...and I've forgotten how delicious it tastes!! Trust me, I hate fast food, but when you don't have it for a long time, it tastes like heaven. I ordered a medium fries, small Sprite, and an Oreo McFlurry. The best dinner to have on the way home from an amazing ABT audition. I stayed up the whole time thanks to my insomnia. And about an hour away from home, my phone died. The worst time for it to die...Sorry I left You hanging.

And since everyone is doing these, I'll just copy and paste the 25 facts thing that I did on my Facebook:
1. I love doing these facts things...
2. I consider myself to be old fashioned, even though I'm quite addicted to the computer and love playing with new technology.
3. I think I overuse "haha".
4. The only movie that I will never get tired of from watching over and over and over again is "Across the Universe".
5. Clowns and cockroaches are my phobias.
6. I wish at every 11:11.
7. There's this guy that I like, and I really think I have a chance with him.
8. I think I'm OCD about open doors; I have to close them.
9. I know what true love is.
10. I've gotten into this habit of cutting my hair almost every week because I'm never satisfied with it.
11. Both my arms and legs are hyper extended.
12. I like to make a fool of myself in front of people that I know I will never see again in my life.
13. I plan on sending a postcard to PostSecret sometime soon.
14. I never practice my piano like I'm supposed to.
15. The best poems I write are on these Facebook notes.
16. My bedroom was a boy's room before we moved in, so I still have a boy's sports border on the walls.
17. I have this obsession with solving the rubik's cube over and over again.
18. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I was at least 5'6".
19. I fall for people way too easily, and that's one of the things I hate about myself.
20. I'm aware that I sit like a little kid whenever I'm in a chair.
21. I am cold all the time.
22. It feels like everyday I'm becoming a different person, however, that different person is the real me.
23. I was such a tomboy when I was little.
24. I think that YouTube is seriously one of the best inventions ever.
25. In 2nd grade, my best friend told me that my lucky number was 3. I never asked why, but I still say that my lucky number is 3.

Oh, and one more thing...who knew that from smacking the keyboard I'd create such lovely words such as these:
"under cigarettes, between embers; we call over winter icicles."

reinvent love,
xobria

No comments: