Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good things come to those who wait.

I've been sitting here on my since 4 o' clock today. I haven't moved, and I don't really plan on moving even though I had a complete agenda for myself today.

I'm kind of down in the dumps (as you might say). Even though I've (partially) figured out my feelings, I still feel like this. Thanks to my best friend, Courtney, I'm feeling a little better though. I'm still trying to figure out if the saying "good things come to those who wait." is really true...I think I'll just have to find out.

I finally added my phone as a device for my Twitter updates, so I can keep you guys updated more. It was a little confusing earlier today, but I finally got it working.

I'm feeling a few song recommendations:
1. "Nobody But You"--Sequoyah Prep School
2. "Lucille"--Sequoyah Prep School
3. "To Be Alone With You"--Sufjan Stevens
4. "Into The Sea"--The Album Leaf
5. "Bigcitydreams"--nevershoutnever!

I've been listening to those songs plus a few more all afternoon. Enjoy.

Today I was feeling a little inspired (maybe it has to do with the fact that I was "down in the dumps"), so I wrote a poem based on Nick and Norah's... and I'm quite proud of it. I haven't found a title yet, but I don't see myself publishing it or anything, so here it is:

I recall quiet picnics every winter.
Visiting nests in far away
oceans,

Sleeping, diving free even in deep skies.
Don't seek open eyes where rivers and clouds exist.
Bridges
need hourglass-nevers and watered papers.

My friend, stay close to
my kisses.

Jump.

And look what I found: little me. I'm the one on the left. That was taken years ago, and I can't believe it's still up there.

Les bonnes choses viennent à ceux qui attend,
xobria

2 comments:

mabel said...

I've seen a few of your blogs before but I never had anything to say. :) Anyway, everyone feels low sometimes. It's, you know, normal. I don't know what's going on but I hope you feel better. I think you're younger than me but when I was in high school, it sucked. Half the time, I was sad and down. You seem to have good friends around you though. Just think about the good things in life. Dance..

Here. Check out this totally beautiful and inspiring video of these two dancing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLVRQCjh8c

bria ballerina said...

thank you so much for sharing the video!!
it was phenomenal.

and thank you for reading my blogs!!
(:
-bria