Sunday, March 01, 2009

dancing in the snow

Last night, Dylan and I had yet another one of our long phone talks. I love her so much, and our conversations are just priceless...not really because we realized that the phone bills are going to go up really high because of the two of us.
It started snowing last night, and it continued into the morning and all day long! Finally, we're getting snow! It makes up for all winter that we didn't have snow. I seriously haven't seen this much snow in forever! It makes me really happy...













Except that it was cold at the studio all day long!! My little toes were so freezing! Today was the Footnotes (scholarship) audition. I was really nervous, but only for my contemporary piece since I wasn't really finished with it...


I woke up early today to try and get a few more seconds of dancing in, but by the time I got to the studio, I forgot everything I just made up. So, I improvised. Just the last minute or two of it. I still think that it was good, but I would've felt more comfortable if I had more time to choreograph.
So, the deal this time was different. We weren't allowed to speak to the judges at all. It was a little more nerve wracking having them just watching and glaring at us, but oh well...besides, I like telling them what my own choreography is about. The other girls did lovely. There isn't anything to worry about because we all did terrific!
The awards ceremony is scheduled for April 11, but I have a performance that day, so I won't be able to make it. However, we're still going to be presented our awards on April 16 at the studio.
I came home absolutely starving, and I just chowed down on my mom's delicious guacamole. She seriously makes the best guacamole in the world, and her salsa is just as amazing. And I had a few more tangerines today, since I ate about five last night.

The snow looks absolutely magnificent, and I'm so glad that school is cancelled for tomorrow!! A real snow day!! Maybe I'll go sledding...



xobria
P.S. The new company website is up! Check it out: www.svballet.org

No comments: