Monday, April 27, 2009

Finally!

Finally! A little more time to write! I was extremely busy and tired yesterday; I had no idea how I made it through the day. I was planning on sleeping all day long, but my parents had other plans. So, I didn't have very much energy to get my little fingers typing away...but here I am about to start some homework and thought I'd update you guys since it's been Saturday. Again, I'm very sorry...

This weekend was probably one of the best shows I've ever done in my life. I've never been more excited and/or nervous for a show until this one. It's just so jam packed, and, as someone described it, "it's a marathon of dancing". It really was. It was dance after dance after dance, and it was just so amazing! You were never bored. Some of my friends came on Saturday, and it was so good to hear that they enjoyed the show. I think everyone was satisfied with their performance on Saturday, but personally, I think I did better on Friday. This is a picture of me and my friend, John, right by the stage left doors. We were waiting to get onstage, and we were being so silly...Also, I was so happy that I didn't feel my blisters at all. I think it was a pure miracle! I used hydrogen peroxide on them to dry them out, and they did burn like crazy; hey, it worked. Although, I heard that it could really mess up your tissue...do any of you know anything about this?
I told you all about my dear friend, Dylan. She gave me these little notes on the cutest little stationary I've ever seen, and they were the sweetest letters anyone has ever given me. And I couldn't finish reading them right there, I just started crying. If I didn't tell you, she's a senior this year, and she'll be heading off to Pointpark University in Pittsburg for college. I will miss her terribly...but I couldn't let my makeup run right before I go onstage, so I had to stop reading those notes. But after I finished all my main dances, I finished reading them, and I realized that Dylan isn't just an ordinary friend. She's one that really truly understands who I am and what my purpose in this world is. I know that we'll never grow apart because our hearts have grown together and hold so many memories with each other that that just can't be replaced. And as that curtain was going down, I was crying more than anyone else on that stage. Despite what others may say, I really feel like I was the one that was going to miss her and all those seniors the most. But just like Pedro says: this is not the end; it's the beginning of a new journey. And they'll always be coming back because our doors are always open.

Then that "crazy" afterparty was awesome. We spent a few hours just eating all the delicious food catered by my good friend, Aaron, and his family. Their food was truly delish! (Btw, Aaron is John's older bro!) We were all huddled around that dinner table because we were all so starved! It's really funny how much dancers eat because we're some of the fittest people in the world, but we just love our desserts!

This week is going to be insanely busy for me! Prom is this weekend, and I'm so excited!! I still have a lot of prep-ing to do for it though...gah! Not a good time because I have another performance next week too! Ooh, but good thing the weather outside is beautiful to keep me somewhat sane. I went outside for a bit to get that healthy glow for prom. Just fyi this is my dress:
http://www.bleubirdvintage.com/bv081.htm

I'm gonna be hott!
xobria

No comments: