Tuesday, April 28, 2009

getting ready.

So, I was thinking about doing some choreography to this song. I really like it, and it has that feel that I've been looking for in a song. A few of the girls at my studio have asked me what this choreography I'm working on is for, and I just tell them that it's for me. I'm making myself a stronger dancer and a better choreographer, and most of all, I just love the way I feel when I'm just dancing the way I want to dance. Isn't that what dancing is about?

The school's recital is in a little over a week, and we're finally putting it all together this weekend. However, I won't be able to make it on Saturday since I'll be getting ready for prom, but Sunday is definite for me. We have photos on Saturday morning that I can make it to, so I'll be taking a few shots as the Scarecrow. I'm confident in my steps and cues, so I know that I'll be fine without one rehearsal. It looks like to me that everything is coming together quite nicely.

I'm sad to say that our studio and our company is losing a very beautiful and strong dancer. Her name is Ariel, and she got herself in a predicament that I had to help her with. No girl should be left alone in this kind of situation, so Dylan and I helped her out last week. I didn't want to say anything on here until I knew everything was final. She ended up telling her parents about her whole situation, and they decided that she's not allowed to dance with us anymore. It makes me and all the dancers very sad to have her leave so suddenly, but we know that we'll try our best to keep in touch. And the sad part is is that either way the problem got resolved, her life would've never been the same.

This week is so busy for me, and all I can really do is get through it with little stress as possible. I've been relaxing in the gorgeous sun for the past few days, and I've gotten that healthy glow that will look great in the bright yellow dress I'm wearing for prom. I've set up a nail appointment on Saturday, and I'm planning to do my own hair. And I'll be back at the theatre so quickly! The next couple of weeks are just going to be so interesting...

xobria

ps. I've been snacking on frozen fruit like crazy the past few days. It's so much better than canned!!

No comments: