Sunday, April 05, 2009

my apologies

I most definitely meant to post a blog yesterday, but long day + few hours of sleep= very tired Bria. However, I might need to get used to that...

I had a long rehearsal yesterday from 11:30am to 7pm. Definitely a wonderful rehearsal, and it surprisingly went by a lot quicker than I expected. We were very busy and very efficient. We did all the dances with costumes to get a feel for them. Our wonderful lighting director Dirk came in to take a look at all the pieces and start getting an idea of how the show is going to about. The show is getting closer and closer; it's just so exciting!!
I got to do the Trois twice yesterday since my alternate was absent. And I'm so glad that I got to do it with my tutu because it really does create a different feeling of space and weight on your body. And it just makes you feel so beautiful and invincible. Tutus are seriously one of the best inventions ever, in my opinion. Even though I felt invincible, I didn't have the best turning day, but it just lets me know that it can only get better.

I would have pictures of me and my tutu, but as of now photos and videos are prohibited at studio rehearsals. There were a few complaints about videos being posted up on the internet, and I would definitely have to be guilty of that crime. And due to this new rule, I sadly took down all the original pieces off of my dance YouTube channel. Although I had given the choreographers credit, they feel that it's inappropriate for them to be up without any permission. Very sad to announce such news, but it needed to be said and I definitely feel guilty for not being courteous enough to ask for permission. Updating definitely won't be as fun as it used to be...but I'll definitely take a few shots at the theatre and of the show of course!!

This is the last week of school before spring break, and I just can't wait!
xobria


P.S. I made this shirt, and I couldn't be more proud to have made it and then wear it. All those stupid peace sign products out there today are just over rated. Make your own stuff. Make your own peace.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

i was wondering, what did you use to make the design on your tshirt? a sort of paint or markers perhaps?
i've been wanting to create my own tshirts lately and i thought yours was great and thought i'd ask for advice(:

bria ballerina said...

I ended up just using acrylic paints because they don't wash out of clothes. But there are also specific paints for fabric use. I just happened to have acrylic at my house already.
Have fun making your shirts!

<3bria