Thursday, April 30, 2009

that feeling

I have wonderful news...Today I received the State Scholarship for the audition I did back in March. I was awarded $500, and I was in complete shock! Having faith in myself still made me think that my bff was going to win it instead. It didn't really hit me that I had won until a couple of hours after winning, and I was really proud of myself. This is just one step to realizing that I have potential and that one day I will be great. My scores were 97 and 92 from the two different judges. The funny thing is is that my parents knew that I had won back about 2 weeks ago because the lady that is in charge of the State Scholarship had called our house informing my parents. But I'm glad that they didn't tell me because it sure was a mighty surprise! Thank you all that have continually supported me, and I'd like to thank Keltie Colleen for being that inspiration for me and that dance I presented at the audition. Truly, without you and my fellow dancers, I wouldn't have the push and motivation that I have today.

Wizard of Oz is in a week from today, and I still think that it's strange that our performance is on a Thursday! How peculiar...but we're running really short on time to put everything together. The final run-throughs are this weekend, and we're going to see what it's going to be like with all the little kiddies in it with us. I feel like we're going to need more than just a couple of days though...

I altered my prom dress today. Yes, I did it all by myself. I just took it in at the side seams, and it feels so much better you have no idea! It's nice and tight just so it won't fall down! Yay, and I'm getting my nails done tomorrow as well as going to see my dear friends in my school's presentation of the musical Jekyll and Hyde. I'm so excited, and my friends are wonderful actors and musicians, and I just know that this show is going to be phenomenal!

Today, I had this feeling. You know that feeling that you get during a certain period of time that you feel every once and a while, and you just can't help but think of that time period you had that feeling at? It's kind of like a deja vu feeling, but not quite. Those certain smells, those certain sounds, the usual routines are just a few things describing this "feeling" I was thinking about and feeling. I seem to associate these "feelings" with the seasons. I just remember this feeling I had last summer. I just remember waking up and having that feeling all summer. It's so strange, but it's a way I keep certain time periods apart from another. I want that summer feeling back, but I've also realized that you can't have that same "feeling" twice in your lifetime. Each part of your life has a different feeling, but that summer feeling from last year seems quite nice to have again...we'll see; you never know. Was I rambling on in with that subject? I just feel like I didn't make much sense....

6 comments:

raindrops said...

hii congratulations for that schoolarship! I cant evevn imagine the feeling (:, So anyway Im doing this school proyect and they told us to write about something we like and I choose dancig! (: But i think that I need the opinion of other dancers like you (: so what do you like about dancing? what do you feel for it?
thanks a lot (: and keep dancing!!

bria ballerina said...

Thank you so much! It was truly an amazing feeling. I honestly didn't believe it at first, and then it finally hit me. And I felt so proud of myself because I wanted it so bad.

Well, there are many things I like about dancing. However, the one thing that I like the most is how it makes me feel. It makes me feel invincible and confident like I can take on any challenge and succeed. When I'm dancing, there's no such thing as good or bad, it's just what feels right. I guess that's why I'm so good at improv. I just feel the music, and I have this feeling of great pride that makes the movements come so easily to me. Another thing I love about dancing is performing (of course!). From the moment I'm putting on my makeup backstage to when that curtain closes, I feel like a completely different person. A girl that has no fears and can show off what she's got to the world. And the people that tell me what they think of my dancing is so rewarding. I obviously don't have a fan club or anything, but having just a few people that I don't even know come up to me to tell me that I was their favorite dancer means almost more than anything I've ever known and dreamed of.
Dancing is my passion, and it's where I belong. Success is what I have. Greatness is what I acheive for.

I hope that helps you with your project!
<3bria

-Cheyanne. said...

Good luck with all that because it is something I don't think I'd be able to handle! So that's admirable. Scholarships, wow. Congrats! I should be giving a more... I don't know, broad comment but there's nothing else I can think to say!

raindrops said...

thank you so much for answering me I felt so inspired by everything you wrote it was truly helpfull and again thaknss!! because (: I had forgotten all the things that dance use to make me feel so thank you for make me remember

byee (:
Ps. sorry for my bad englishh

bria ballerina said...

Ha, I'm glad I could help with your project.
Hmmm...do you speak spanish? Because you said "proyect", so that could be "proyecto".

Well, if you do...
Estoy segura que baile es la cosa que yo necesita para vivir. Es más que la comida y el agua; baile es me latido de corazón. (:

<3bria

bria ballerina said...

oops. I meant:
Estoy segura que baile sea la cosa...
ha, sorry for my bad spanish.