Saturday, May 23, 2009

HOT!

As you all know, today was my favourite performance of the entire year: FESTIVAL IN THE PARK! It's my favourite because so many people show up to the arts festival, and the stage is outside! How often does a great ballet company like us get to perform on an outside stage in beautiful weather? The dances we had picked out for today were a great selection too! I just felt so confident and awesome about this show; I was so stoked the entire day for it!


Since we perform outside, we don't really have anything that's dressing room-like. So, we just got ready at the
studio. Notice all my gear to get ready for the show. I've got my Lambourghini lunch box, banana, ipod, makeup bag, huge eyeshadow palette, and my bandana. It's always exciting to get ready and put makeup on. We were soon on our way to the park, and when we arrived there, we realized how hot it was! The sun was blazing down, and it was just so humid! Perfect Festival in the Park weather. (;

When we got there, there was this girl singing "Let's Hear it For The Boy", and it immediately made me think of the Richmond trip I took with KP, Wolley, and Dylan! We had so much fun, and I love that song. However, the girl that was singing it on the stage totally butchered it. I may not be much of a singer, but I swear, I could've sang that song so much better than her.

We had a little white tent set up on the far end of the stage behind the curtain-type-thingies, and that's where we got dressed. We had to get ready early since there were so many of us that had to get dressed, and all of us couldn't fit in there. It was just so hot to stand around in tights. My face was melting off. We even had to put our pointe shoes standing up since we couldn't sit down in costume! How awkward! But we managed.

I started off with Poppies, and I think it went perfect! Unfortunately, my bff, Courtney, told me that she fell in that dance. I didn't see it, but I bet it was a graceful fall. She still complained about it, and honestly, she was freaking out about nothing because she did wonderful.
All the other dances were just great. I think everyone was excited for this show almost as much as I was.
The best part of the show was the last dance, Sabor Latino. I love this dance with a PASSION! It's so fun and sassy to the max! I had a blast learning it and getting to perform it 2 or 3 times this year! It's definitely a dance that gets the audience excited and on the edge of their seats. Poppies is definitely like that too. Of course, my favourite part was my awesome booty-shaking! It's so fun, and I personally think I'm a pretty rad booty-shaker.


It's weird to think that that was pretty much our last company performance this season. It's all gone by so fast. Too fast. This whole year was a whirlwind of excitement that I don't want to end. But time goes on. People grow. And everything is a beginning. Never an end. I will never forget how much this company has changed my life, and the people that are in it hold such a special place in my heart. Thank you so much SVB for a great season.

Can't wait till next year!






PS. Chels went into surgery today. She came out perfectly fine, and she's doing great! I think you all should drop her a nice little line at her twitter: http://www.twitter.com/chels_dance

No comments: