Tuesday, June 02, 2009

together we're unlimited

Today was my last day of sophomore year.
Today was my last day of high school with Dylan.
Today was my last day seeing you.


It's so strange to think that I only have two more years of high school, but I'm starting to love the idea. Just so much closer to my dreams. I went back to ballet class today since all of last week I was feeling so ill, and it was just so hot! The fans were going, and the windows were open, yet I was sweating like crazy. And I was just glistening with sweat. "Glistening" is definitely an adjective that isn't used often to describe someone sweating, but it's what I looked like. I was radiating with sweat, and it's because I'm working hard. Words like "glisten" and "shine" and "radiate" weren't just to describe my sweaty appearance; it also meant what I was there to do, why I dance, and why I'm successful.

I had a little chat with Pedro tonight after class, and we had a great discussion as always. I think that this company is growing faster and more amazing than we ever expected it to grow into within the last 2 or 3 years. It's so amazing, and I feel so special to be a part of something so unique and genuine. He asked me what I would like to improve on, so he could work on those particular things with me more so than with what I already feel comfortable. This list consisted of: turnout, extension, and turns. Those are my biggest problems at the moment. Then he asked me if I could be any role in any classical ballet who would I be? I immediately replied with Juliet from Romeo and Juliet, and he asked for more. So, I replied with Odette (only if I had the extension) and Kitri (because she's a little firecracker, and it would be loads of fun!).

What do you think the perfect classical ballet role for me would be?

He concluded saying that he has many challenges planned out for me for the upcoming season. I love it when he says things like this to me because it just gets me so excited, and I work even harder so that those challenges may even move up!


School year is over.
So, glistening summer classes, here I come!
xobria

No comments: