Saturday, June 27, 2009

WEEK ONE.

I. am. so. sorry.
I know that I said that I would update you as much as possible, and I hadn't done anything this week except give you late updates and say that you guys could ask me any questions you wanted (which by the way, didn't work out so well). I do wish that the Q&A session had went a lot better and that I actually got some questions about my dancing and whatnot. But maybe I should've planned it better and not have spazzed out like that...

So, week one. At Richmond.
It's been crazy! So much has happened, and I can't even believe that it would all happen in just one week.
Day One was rough. It was so difficult and just one long day. I was so energized for the day, but by the end of it, I was so pooped. There was nothing I could do about it. But my roommate and a couple of my other girlies sat in the hot tub for a while. It felt so good even though I knew I was going to be sore the next day whether I liked it or not.
Day Two was just killer. I was already sore, and just to make it worse, there were just even more classes with harder teachers.
Day Three is illustrated by this photograph. I'm in ugly clothes (which is all I wear around here), and I have some legwarmers on my joints to try and keep them warm and not tight and immobile. It's a quite depressing picture, but it really shows how rough this week really is. And if you've been following me on Twitter, you know that I took an ice bath on Day Number Three. It actually really helped and really dulled down the pain and tightness that the soreness gave to my muscles.
Day Four was actually getting better, and I even took another ice bath! It just worked so well on my feet and leg muscles that I couldn't resist the relief it gave to my body.
Day Five was definitely the easiest. We only had three real classes that day. The rest of the day was just a great talking day with a couple of the amazing teachers and the director of the company and school.
And finally Day Six (today) was the shortest and probably the least wanted to come. I was just so tired by the end that I couldn't wait for the day to be over, and the end finally came! My roommate/bestfriend and I rushed back to the hotel, got into our bathing suits, grabbed towels, and ran up to the roof to tan. It was so relaxing and the sun felt so good on my skin after being inside all day, everyday. Then, we went back inside and got to relax and hang out with a lot of the new friends I've made while being here.

This week went by extremely fast, and I'm just afraid that the next 4 weeks will go by even faster. Lucky for me, I've already made a ton of new friends, and I couldn't be happier that I have. My best friend/roommate isn't in the same level as me in the intensive, so it was hard to start talking to some of the girls in my class, but we all finally came around and started opening up to each other on only the 2nd day!
The teachers here are amazing, and I really think that I'm going to love every minute of the next 4 weeks. I've learned so much from them in just these first 6 days with them, and even though I know that they're going easy on us, I just can't wait for the challenge that they're all about to hand us. I've also realized that I have a lot more to work on than I thought I did. I'm going to have to push and fight for what I need to work on. I just can't wait to see myself improve and just grow as a dancer even more as an artist.

I promise that I'm going to update almost everyday. I just feel bad that I have this "big" group of followers expecting to read all about my adventures here in Richmond, and nothing has been written in a few days. But I really want to try to do another Q&A session on my Stickam because I want you guys to ask me anything that you want! I know that there are questions you all have for me!
I got my letter from my promdate and friend Nathan. He's in Oklahoma at boot camp for the National Guard right now. I just can't see him being yelled at and doing drills; he's just so sweet, and I just know how homesick he is. He sounded homesick. But what really amused me was that he and I are pretty much in the same boat right now with hardcore camp stuff. He's doing a bunch of drills with pushups and running, and I'm doing a bunch of classes with pirouettes and jazz squares. It's all the same, and when we get back to school in the fall, we're both going to be so fit and happy that we're back home. I miss him dearly, and I miss my friends, and I miss my house...

I didn't think that I would miss it this much. But I really do. I'm laying in this hotel bed that's made for my every other day, and I just think about how it's going to be when I'm out of the house. It's kind of a scary thought, but it has to happen sooner or later. And I just didn't think that I was going to be worried like this, but I am. But I think that it's going to get better with time.

Tomorrow, I'm going to see a musical called Throughly Modern Millie around here in downtown. I'm really excited, and I can't wait to get all dressed up to see my first Broadway show!!
And please, try to think of questions and suggestions of Q&A sessions and what not!

xobria

PS. Then I freaking find out that MJ dies?!?! This week has been wayyyy too eventful.
R.I.P. The King of Pop. You are a legend.

No comments: