Sunday, June 28, 2009

"what do I need with love?"

Last night, I snuck out of my messy hotel room with my roommate and had a sleepover in my other friends' room. It's so great having new friends and feeling like you're at home even though you're not. The littlest gestures of friendship reminds me of home so much, and it really makes me miss it. So, we slept in so much today. A full week of tiring dancing can really exhaust a few little girls, teehee.

Today, we took a walk to this theatre downtown to watch a production of the Broadway musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie. I went into the (cute, old) theatre not knowing what the musical was about, and I fell in love with it!! The music and dancing was just amazing! The dancing added an entertaining and clever element to the interesting and unique plot line. First of all, I love how it's set in the 1920's. That was such a fun time era, and it was the time when women started discovering their power and independence. And there was something about this musical that struck me: you can never control who you fall in love with. It just happens. It's unexplainable, but it's that feeling you get in your chest when you realize that this, this, is what love is. It gave me something to really look forward to because I have great news. I've finally fallen out of love. I've stopped the thinking, the crying, the talking...it feels great! And the fact that there aren't many cute guys around here makes it a little easier. I can't wait to get back home and carry myself differently and feel so great about myself that no one will get to my head like he did.
I'm feeling great, and ready for yet another week of a lot dancing! Bring it on!

Please don't forget to let me know if any of you want to do another Q&A session of any kind!
xobria

2 comments:

attticuscold said...

thts great! im glad the crying and what not stopped, but ive got a question, how long did you date this guy? im jw if it was a long time or short time. always hard to get over guys, no matter how long you know em

congrats on getting over him (:

bria ballerina said...

We were "seeing" each other for about 6 months. He didn't really want to say we were dating. That's why I got so frustrated over him...
but he's the past.
And the past is the past.
And I'm moving on.

And thank you for the support. It feels so good to know that I'm not weighed down by something I can't change.
<3bria