Sunday, July 26, 2009

party at the plaza + last day

Friday was the dress rehearsal for the performance. Honestly, it did not go very well. It was so nerve-racking having all the A+B students watching. But it was definitely a fun night. We had a little party over at the plaza celebrating our last night there. We had a couple of people that live in the city spend the evening with us. I have such good friends. We spent the night in the hot tub, running around the hotel, watching Centerstage (melting at the sight of Ethan Stiefel and Sascha Radetsky), and ordering pizza and Chinese food. It was such a fun night, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way.
Then yesterday was the performance. We had a quick ballet warm up class with the D students, and then it was time to get ready. I took so many pictures, and we had a lot of fun warming up en pointe to rap music. I totally want to experiment with classical ballet dancing to rap music someday (new project much?). The first performance was not very good for me, and some of the other girls seemed to have agree with their own performances. But the 2nd performance went perfectly. I think it was a combination of the following:
+sexy Ukrainian ballet teacher winking at me
+sweet texts from a good friend
+me saying this: "Give me the courage to carry out each step fullout and fearless. Let my passion show while I dance so that the audience will have the full experience of my dancing. Finally, let my hardwork be recognized by every audience member. I have a fearless heart."

Saying that sort of "prayer" gave me the confidence and made me cool and collective right before I went onstage. And I nailed the 2nd performance. I don't think that it could've gone any better. Then it was time for goodbyes. It was so sad to say goodbye to the great friends I've made here knowing that I may never see them again. But I'm so glad that I've met them and that we went on the same journey together. After leaving the studios, I had a quick snack at Tropical Smoothie (yum!), then headed off to my godparents' house for a party. However, as soon as I laid down on a bed, I fell asleep, and I didn't wake up until 11 the next morning!! I missed my own party!! I was so exhausted!!

But this morning, my dad said, "Oh, I have something to give you..." He handed me an envelope with his name and our address on it. I opened it, and it was one of Keltie's mantra cuffs!! He said, "Instead of flowers, I got you that. And since you fell asleep last night..." I was so happy, I started crying! I hugged him so hard that I must've squeezed the guts out of him. I love it so much, and I really want to take some cool dancing pictures with it! Isn't that crazy how I said that weird little "prayer" with "courage.passion.hardwork" as my guideline + then my dad ends up handing me the cuff the next morning!?!?! I love the way the universe works.

xobria

PS. I love long car rides with my daddy + crazy little GPS + ice cream sundaes

2 comments:

Keltie C. said...

your dad must be a pretty amazing man. Congrats on always following your heart ! so proud of you.

bria ballerina said...

my daddy is a silly man, but that's why i love him so much.
Thank you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me for you to say that. I can never say "thank you" enough...

<3bria