Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wednesday.

Living in a hotel is a very strange thing. You bump into so many different kinds of people, and no matter how hard you try, you can't make it feel like your home. The sheets aren't the same, the bathroom isn't the same, the view from the window isn't the same...and like I said, I never knew how much I was going to miss home until I got here. But I'm learning to enjoy it because it's preparing me for the bigger steps in life that are going to take me further into my dream. And I never realized how much of a little girl I am...
But I thought it was cute how the maid put my monkey with the pillows like this. However, I thought it was creepy how she put my roommate's pillow with the rest of pillows. It was like she was assuming that it was her pillow, and she was right. It was just kind of creepy...

Wednesdays/Hump Days are my favourite days of the week, and it's completely the same over at Richmond Ballet. We start off the day with Mr. Igor Antonov. He's a Resident Artist of the Richmond Ballet, and he's so sexy. He's such an amazing dancer, and when he opens his mouth to teach his perfect technique, I just get even more mesmerized. And today, my arabesque turns were particularly perfect, so he had me demonstrate them in front of everyone. He told me that they were beautiful, and I felt beautiful. And I sighed at his hotness. But usually, I would crack under the pressure of the class and the teacher watching me, but today was different. I knew that I could get in that arabesque turn perfectly, so I didn't worry. I'm starting to realize that getting into that mindset really helps with what you're doing with your feet, arms, and head. Everything starts with how confident you are and how you're projecting it.

Then we have a class called Theatre Dance. It's exactly what it's called. I always thought that I would do great on Broadway as a dancer, and I think that this class is quickly helping me realize it. And that's what I love so much about this intensive. It's making me learn what I'm so capable of doing, and it's keeping so many options open for me. We did a cute jazzy routine that completely brought out my personality. When we were warming up and "For Good" started playing, I thought of Dylan. I miss her so much right now, and I just don't know what I'm going to do during the school year without her. I've talked to her a few times while I've been here in Richmond, and she's doing great in Pittsburgh. I just know that she's kicking ass, and you all are going to see her out on that big stage someday soon. Watch out!

Then we continue on in the day with variations with one of my favourite teachers: Ms. Kumery. She's this tall, slender, spunky Balanchine based teacher that just brings out the best in every student. She taught is this variation from Who Cares? called "I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise". It's so fun and sassy, and I've never really been taught by a Balanchine based teacher. It's such a hard variation, but it's so great that it doesn't even matter if I can't get every single thing perfect because I know that maybe someday I'll build up the strength to do it on stage.

As a result of my money going missing and me blaming the maid and the hotel not being able to anything about it, the hotel decided to give me some money to my room. So, I've been given a certain amount of money that I can spend in the hotel instead of using my own. The hotel just thought of it as a gesture of "That sucks, so we'll give you some money to spend in our hotel." I thought it was very nice of them because I was really pissed about my money going missing (60 FREAKING DOLLARS!). So, I'm thinking about ordering room service tomorrow. Maybe a nice cheese pizza to share with the girls?

xobria

PS. I'm going home for 4th of July!
PPS. I miss my doggie.

No comments: