Tuesday, July 07, 2009

words.

Tuesday of third week.

I wore this shirt that I made inspired by the one and only Keltie Colleen. Maybe I should make a dance clothing line, ha!

Things around here are just getting better and better. What's making me really happy is that the teachers are learning my name, yet some other girls' names escape their minds sometimes. It's just exciting because I give the teachers a reason to remember my name. I'm doing everything full out and fearless, and the teachers are actually noticing!

Speaking of fearless...in today's modern class (also the last class of the day), I was so tired; mentally and physically. But I was doing everything full out just like I had a full night's sleep the night before, and when we were doing a combination across the floor, I was still a little confused on the steps when the teacher asked for the first group to go. Then she said, "Who are the fearless firsties?" And as soon as she said "fearless", I had to get right up there in front. That word is connected to my heart, and just hearing it made it jump a mile. And surprisingly, I knew the combination! Feeling that doubt in me didn't help me, but knowing that I was fearless did. It's amazing how certain words/phrases make us do certain things like walking on a crack so you don't break your momma's back or having a fearless heart and a fearless mind. But knowing I'm fearless is completely different from feeling fearless. It makes a complete difference.

I finally sent my snail mail letter to my friend Nathan who's suffering in boot camp. I haven't sent snail mail since I moved across the country, but I've always loved it. And writing letters are so much more personal than emails. Sure you got the little emoticons, but when you write letters, you have the person's handwriting and for some reason, I think that's the most personal thing. I hope that when he gets it he'll smile and won't worry so much about how much he's missing home...

Words from the people you love mean more than anything you'll ever know. A friend making cute bracelets that remind me that courage, passion, and hardwork are all I'll need to get to where I want and sending me cute Tweets. A 4am friend telling me that she misses me and that we're going to hang out as soon as we're both back in town. A few musicians' lyrics mean something different now. Words are just getting to my head these days...

xobria



PS. Check out these rad bracelets!! My girl Keltie is working on so many awesome things for all of us like these super cute and eco-friendly bracelets!! Hopefully ordering mine soon...

Order them now!! Just click this hot ad to order them today!


PPS. This song has been on repeat on the loudest volume, and it's radness is echoing through the hotel hallway...

1 comment:

chels_fearless said...

I love this blog! So so so sweet of you to give a shout out to keltie! I ordered mine today! :). I guess I need help bria...(as u might tell from my tweets) things aren't going well.