Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"bria, that's your giddy laugh!!"


I love the Coconut Records.

They've pretty much been on repeat around here, but there's something about this song that almost sums up my summer (besides the fact that I'm not from Alabama).

"
Waiting for things to come back. Sitting here, baby, so off track. I don't know what to expect. I always take what I can get."

I'm waiting for you to come back home, so we can spend that time together that made me laugh so giddily when you said so. But I'm just so scared...
Are there things out there that you want so much, but at the same time, it scares the hell out of you? That's how I feel, but I'm not sure what I'm afraid of...Am I afraid to let him in? Am I afraid to fall back in love? Am I afraid of getting hurt? Am I just overreacting?
I don't want to take what I can get anymore. I want to get something that I deserve; not something with no strings attached. I know that I deserve more than your fake, smooth words and mysterious plans.
But I still just can't wait for you to get back home.

I am so off track, baby.
xobria

No comments: