Monday, August 17, 2009

R over E

"There were two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations."

I am currently reading "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. I seriously love the way she writes, and I came across this little bit while we were just out on a road trip. It made me close the book and stare out the window for an hour or two. (if only it was that simple...)

We got home from Maryland at about 3am. We went the long way through Chesapeake Bay, but it was totally worth it. We arrived just in time to see the sunset over the bay, and it was absolutely breathtaking. It was weird to think that on one side of the bridge was the Chesapeake Bay, and on the other side was the Atlantic Ocean. It just made me feel so small in comparison to this amazing world. And I realized how much I love being on the open road. You never know where you're going to end up: an endless road of cornfields or trekking up a mountain. This world is so unpredictable.

And so are dreams. I think that road trips make my mind a little crazy. Boy crazy. I've had dreams of different boys for the past few nights, and I just don't think that I'm that boy crazy!!! Am I?!?!

About to hop into the shower, and then who knows what? I think Dylan and I are planning to get a move on and hang out as much as possible before she leaves for college. Yeah yeah.

xobria

PS. Wanna grab a cup of coffee with me?
PPS. I got a Dailybooth. I can never have too many websites...ha
http://dailybooth.com/briaballerina

No comments: