Monday, September 21, 2009

comfy + confident


I don't know what it was with today, but I was so comfortable and carefree in myself and my own skin. It wasn't the baggy sweatshirt I was wearing or my favourite pair of jeans I had on. It was something in the air. Something right in front of my face. I think it's me.

I've told myself so many times that I'm going to just give up. Surrender to the universe. Let the universe take my life in its hands and do with it what it pleases. But I never really did it. Today I did. I didn't care about what I looked like so much. Hence the sweatshirt. But it wasn't in a slob sort of way. It's like confidence. I was confident in how I looked and how I carried myself, it didn't matter to me anymore. I drove for the first time in a while today. Not the slightest bit of doubt entered my mind that I couldn't drive. I just went for it. I walked with you down the hall. I didn't feel a bit of regret. A bit of tension. I was me. And you were you. I never knew it was so easy.

Keltie once tweeted: "funny how it all works out when you've given up on it."
These words stuck to me like super glue. I never realized how true that really is though. It really is how funny things work out that way. You don't expect them to because you think that giving up is just the easy way out. The cheat to life. But it's not. It's probably the only way you'll ever get through life. To give up on the things you know you just can't get at. Things will work out. I promise.

My eyes don't deceive me anymore. I see everything for what it's worth. And I'm fixing all the bad + wrong things in my life. It's never too late to go back and revise.

Don't be afraid.
Be confident.
Everything is easier than you think.
The universe has got your back.

xobria

No comments: