Tuesday, November 10, 2009

making millions means nothing now.

"loving loosely looked so lonely."


Lately I've been working really hard on my finger picking skills (for lack of a better word) on the guitar. I've always wanted to know how to, and I don't have time for guitar lessons so I decided to take it into my own hands and just teach myself.
There are times in our lives when where the only person we can depend on is ourselves. After all, we're the only ones that can make our dreams come true. Sure we've got all the people that help you along the way, but it all starts with you saying "Let's go." It's okay for you to want nothing but the best for yourself. Actually, you should never lower the standards just for yourself. You should know that you deserve bigger and better things. This shouldn't sound like you're selfish in any way. What's so wrong about having self-respect and wanting nothing but the best for yourself? Everything you'll ever want will be different than the "everything" that someone else wants. That's what makes us all so different and a little less selfish. You never really realize that until you've been through something that has made you feel like you're only taking what you can get. It shouldn't be a matter of taking what you should get; you should take and get what you deserve. Which turns out to be more than you always think.

After Saturday, my feet have been begging for an ice bath. And I found myself writing a really cute, cheesy, very Taylor-Swift-like song while my feet were submerged in buckets of ice water. It's really cute + simple, and you should see a demo of it up on the music myspace in a few days. I've even started writing another song. Inspiration is in the air. And it's made it's way into me, and I'm working on new songs and new choreography. It's all going to work out from here.

This weekend is yet another show. We're performing with the Youth Symphony Orchestra, and we will be doing Nutcracker excerpts. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and I'm getting so excited for Christmas + Nutcracker all together! But I love how I get Christmas extra early because of Nutcracker rehearsals and all. Just the music and the energy at the studio just brings the feeling of sweet Christmas memories.

No comments: