Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009.


I'm so glad that I got to spend this winter break at home. Last year, we went up to Maryland and stayed there longer than we should have. We made up for that by staying home this year. Did a lot of driving. Did a lot of cleaning. And did a lot of song writing. Usually around this time of the year, I'd be thinking of a particular person that I would like to kiss at midnight. But no one is on my mind this year. And I'm okay with that. Because in 2010, I'm going to start fresh. I'm not going to fall back to people that I have a past with. Brand new everything.

Here's my last post for 2009.
I want to thank all of you readers. Followers and those who just stumble upon it. You have made this year amazing with your words and constant support. There isn't anything more I could ask from you guys. So thank you thank you thank you thank you again! Never ever ever stop being as rad as you already are!
This is what 2009 was to me...
2009
I hate to admit it, but most of this year was defined by a boy. A boy who broke my heart and walked away. But because of that, I've learned so much about myself, love, life, and the world we live in. And I'm not done learning. And in the end, I'm happy. And that's all that matters.
Just a few pieces of advice/blurbs/random thoughts that need to be said before this year is through...
-When teachers say to look for colleges in freshman year and you think it's too early, it's never too early. Seriously. Start looking.
-The hot boys aren't always the nice boys.
-Most of the time, those hot boys are the insecure ones.
-I've fallen in love with Lady Gaga. She is pure brilliance.
-I successfully learned how to knit. I said I know how to knit. I never said I knew how to successfully make cute little things.
-I've never hated snow until this blizzard.
-I love traveling.
-Stage makeup hates me.
-Corndogs + hotdogs can be best friends.
-Snuggies make the best gifts.
-The smell of hot dogs makes me want to throw up.
-I hate it when people don't pay attention to fashion trends. And they say that something is out when it's actually in for this year, i.e. distressed jeans. (they were in for this fall)
-I've perfected a bevel.
-I've became a better singer/songwriter/guitar player. Kind of?
-Keep in mind that, the road to healing from heartbreak isn't the smoothest one. So don't get too upset when you hit a bump or take a sharp unexpected turn.
-Honesty is the most important value in any relationship. Family. Friends. Or lovers.
-Only make promises you can keep.
-Learn to pick yourself up off the floor. Sometimes no one else will know how to except you.
-I like spending time in saunas + hot tubs.
-Dance auditions are the scariest/most exhilarating things I will do in my life. I can't wait to do the next hundred for myself.
-I hate driving big cars.
-I discovered the thrill + pleasure of being alone in the car with him.
-Photography has become one of my passions.
-Photoshop really isn't as bad as you think. You can do a lot of amazing things with it!
-That's what she said.
-Kanye West is a poopyhead.
-I've spent too much time on the internet this year.
-Is it too much to ask to grow just a few more inches? Please?!?!
-Last year, I wrote about that boy you will always like and that you shouldn't give up on him. There's an exception: when he gives up on you and just walks away, let him go.
-There is no such thing as no strings attached. There are always strings. Always.
-Karma will catch up to you. All you can do is stand your ground.
-Stop. Take a deep breath. Look around. Feel small. We're all just humans.
-Time flies. It really does.
-Taylor Swift is my musical role model.
-Books + music are among my favorite things.
-I'd like bigger, nerdier glasses, please.
-Sometimes you really do need money.
-The thought of his kisses make me want to throw up.
-You don't realize how happy you are until you're broken.
-I tend to fantasize too much.
-I've kissed people I shouldn't have kissed.
-I kissed one boy too many times.
-I didn't kiss someone that I should've.
-No matter how many "what if's" or "should've" "could've" "would've's" you think/cry/get frusted about, don't regret anything. Everything happens for a reason.
-Remember that things will always be okay in the end. And if it's not okay, it's not the end.
-Most techno music makes me want to cry. (My equivalent to the Beatles for Kelts...)
-I love touch screen technology stuff.
-I hate my phone. Piece of crap.
-I've made peace with myself. And with the other girl.
-I finally learned how to take a Starburst wrapper with just my mouth. I'm an animal.
-Whenever you get an opportunity to say what you want to say, say it. Don't lose that chance because you might not get another.
-I wish I could take my own advice.
-As much as I hate my feet, I've finally realized that they're not going to get any prettier.
-I love my teeth without metal pulling on them.
-I'm too good at covering up my feelings with a big smile and by brightening everyone's day.
-Twins make great friends. And very good cookies.
-I love blogging. Enough said.

I feel like I repeat myself too much on this blog of mine. But I might just be getting old.
I hope you all had a memorable (and less roller coaster-y) year as I did!! Happy New Year!
See you all in 2010!!
xobria

No comments: