Sunday, December 20, 2009

dear santa,

"believe in love. believe in magic. hell, believe in santa claus. believe in others. believe in yourself. believe in your dreams. if you don't, who will?"--jon bon jovi


I wrote my letter to Santa this morning. And when I finished it I buried it in the snow on the roof of my house (I can reach it from my bedroom window, so don't think I got a ladder out and shimmied up the side of the house). I asked for something that you can't buy at a store or order from an online catalog. I'm still not really sure how Santa is going to grant my Christmas wish this year, but I believe in love, magic, Santa, others, myself, and my dreams. So maybe that's all I'll need for Christmas this year...

I've been snowed in my house for more than twenty-four hours, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I've been out a few times to play in the snow, sled, and see my dog make some yellow snow. But the best part is sitting by my fire, with my snuggie, my guitar, and a few song ideas. I've been writing songs like crazy these days, and I don't know what's gotten into me, but I like it. I like it a lot. I just wrote another one this morning. I'll shoot it by you guys through the Myspace page soon enough. Now back to my cup of hot cocoa + Taylor Swift CD...

No comments: