Sunday, December 13, 2009

final show.

"you are going to go so far...don't ever stop dancing."




Today was the last show of Nutcracker 2009. And I just can't believe it's over. It came quickly this year, and it's gone just as fast. I was Marzipan in today's performance, and it was time for me to be FEARLESS just one more time on that stage for this year. I've done this dance so many times that I wasn't shaking today. It's interesting that I was shaking so bad yesterday, and then today I was completely fine. And even though my fellow was out in the audience today, I wasn't a bit worried. He had already watched dress rehearsals, so I wasn't too worried.

(do you spot my Keltie Colleen mantra cuff?!?!)

My performance today wasn't as strong as I would like it to be, but of course the best part was talking to the audience members. Old friends came and my fellow seemed to have been overwhelmed by all the people surrounding me. When all I really wanted to do was talk to him. I talked with a few little girls that told me that they loved my tutu and they want to be a ballerina someday too. And I just look into their little eyes of wonder, and I have nothing but the highest hopes for them. I always tell them to work very hard so they can be a good ballerina like me. Or something like that.

Nutcracker season is my favorite part of the year. Everyone is so involved and englufed in the magic that it brings happiness to everyone and that's the best part. This ballet is just so magical that it puts the holiday spirit in even those Scrooges out there. People get to be involved with the ballet that normally wouldn't see themselves being a part of it. And it's such a great experience for anyone and everyone.

All the years that I've done Nutcracker with this company, I've never seen the day of two nearly sold out shows. We had to add more chairs to the house to fit more people! It amazes me, and I love how this company has attracted so many people from all over the valley. This company is growing so much, and I'm so glad that I became a part of it once it started to take off. Amazing.


I remember every single thing that people say to me because I don't ever want to forget anything. Each and every thing means so much to me. And I treat it as if it was the first compliment I've ever received. When people tell me that I'm going to be "famous" someday and that they will be able to say that they were friends with me, I just say "Or something like that." It's not the fame I'm looking forward to. It's the success. The satisfaction. The passion. The perfection. The glamor. And the happiness I'm going to be feeling being able to do what I love.


I don't want to think about this...but I only have one more Nutcracker left with this company. This company has taught me so much about the dancing world and about myself. It's taught me that I can really make it out there if I just be myself and be the best version of myself. It seems like I don't want to leave, but I just know that a year from now I'm going to be ready for the real dance world and all that it has to offer. I can't wait.


Goodbye, Nutcracker '09. You sure were a great one.

1 comment:

Melissane said...

You look super amazing. Don't be sad to leave the company in a year, be excited, because I'm pretty sure GREAT things will come your way. :) You are a wonderful dancer, girl.

<3