Tuesday, December 01, 2009

hey, i've got something to say.

"too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring all of which have the potential to turn a life around."--leo buscaglia



Everything that I do has a purpose. And sometimes I'm more discrete about it, but other times it's like I'm wearing a blinking billboard on my head saying exactly why I'm doing the things I do. But I always say what I mean, and I always mean what I say. Always. But the way I look at it is if you want to say something important, say it! Your one of 6 billion people in this world, and your little voice can change the lives of one of those 6 billion people. It might not seem much at the moment, but the little things you say and do can be very rewarding in the end. It's called karma, baby. The thing is, just say what you need to say, but say it with meaning and all that your worth. Because the words you say are only as strong as the person saying them. And they only mean as much as the person saying them means them. Don't hold back. Tell your friends that they're the greatest friends anyone could ever have. Tell your parents that you love them. Say "hi" to the new kid or the kid that doesn't have many friends. Tell that one person how you really feel at the moment. I know that's what I'm going to do the next time I see him. Because I know that if I don't take the chance now, I'll never get that chance back.
I know that it's hard to deal with people that take your words and feelings for granted. But remember there is at least one person out of 6 billion that will listen and care to what you have to say. Chances are, you've got more than 1000 under your belt. This world is huge, and we're all small. But we can make so many differences, and change each other's lives. So much.


I thought that telling me that you didn't want to hurt me would be like doing me a favor and would actually let me know that you care about me enough not to. But it actually does hurt. I'm not sure which hurts more. Telling me that you're not going to hurt me, or actually hurting me in the end. But by telling me that you don't want to hurt me is like telling me "I don't want to have feelings for you." or "I'm too afraid that I'll actually like you." It's rejection at its ugliest. Who knew that words with a coating of good intention could feel so wrong and hurtful. But I know in the end I'm going to thank you for it, and it looks like we're going to be nothing but friends. Which I'd definitely trade in instead of friends became lovers became enemies. Any day.

Be prepared for the truth. Because that's all I'm going to give you. And the result? I'm not so sure. But that's the whole thrill of it...

5 comments:

Melissane said...

Truth: you are the most beautiful person ever inside. :)
It's so good to read about someone's passion and happiness when they reach their dream(s).

bria ballerina said...

Truth: You are one of the reasons why I seem so beautiful.
<3

Melissane said...

Haha no, you really are. I like you! You make me think of my best friend (except that she's French and lives in Canada lol). You live in the USA right?

bria ballerina said...

I like you too!
I wish I was French + lived in Canada. But, alas, I do live in the USA.

Melissane said...

I wish I lived in Canada too. I have to stay in France for a few years though. I hope I'll get to live closer to her when I'm finished with my studies! It was heartbreaking when she moved to Toronto. :(