Friday, December 04, 2009

i'll hold your hands, they're just like ice.



We're all good at something. No matter how much of a failure you think you are, you're definitely good at something. And just think that someone out there isn't good at that something you're good at. It's our jobs to use that thing that we're good at to change the world. Make differences in people's lives.

I know I've got my dancing bit, but there's some other things that I'm good at. Like laughing, painting, singing off key, and wearing cute and fashionable clothes. But one thing I know I'm really good at is making people feel better. If you ever have a bad day, just come to me and I'll work my magic. I am that person that will go out of my way to make sure you're feeling alright. Most of the time, I end up making that person feel better about themselves and make them accept themselves a little more. Baby steps. But sometimes I wonder if that's all I'm good for. Making others feel good about themselves. I really like to make people realize that they're worth something, especially worth more than they think. I build up their self confidence and make sure that they're always on their toes and wearing their best possible smile. Sometimes I wonder when someone will come around to do the same for me. All my hardwork seems like a failure when those people turn selfish and vain rather than modest and confident. It seems as if I had done nothing but turned them into some worse version of themselves. Which I did not intend to do.

Tonight we're dancing at Dicken's of a Christmas, a festival-ish thing downtown. People are selling things. Music will be playing. A gorgeous christmas tree lighting. Hot chocolate and smell of cinnamon and gingerbread. It's all the things you think of when you hear "Christmas" in one place every weekend. We're dancing in it tonight, and this is my first year being in it! People from all around the valley come to Dicken's, so we're going to have a large crowd. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm going to be in the kickline red spandex bodysuit in 40 degrees weather. You do the math.


4 comments:

Melissane said...

I wish I could make you feel better about yourself but I'm not really good at that. So I can only say...
You are talented.
You are a wonderful dancer, and a cool singer and guitarist too.
The way you write is beautiful.
The way you dress is great.
You're cute, and you have perfect legs.
You are awesome at making me smile.
<3

bria ballerina said...

You are good at making people feel good too. I can tell.

Thank you.
<3bria

Melissane said...

Glad to read that. :)

Kelly said...

You definitely deserve someone to make you feel better as well.
So I hope those people will realize that as well, anytime soon (:
But anyways, you're really amazing and wonderful. Never forget that.