Thursday, January 28, 2010

perfect day.


Today has been a perfect day.

It all started when I went to check my email on my iTouch. One of the new messages in my inbox was from the LINES Ballet School manager. My heart skipped a beat when I read that I have been accepted into the Session 2 Summer Program!! I was so excited, I couldn't stop smiling at the words on the touch screen. The program is the "advanced" program for ages 17-24, and I had requested to be placed in the advanced program, but it wasn't a guarantee that I was going to get in. I guess my sweat paid off that day. The program is a five week summer intensive from July 13-August 18 in San Francisco, California! I pretty much have my heart set on this program (although I am still auditioning for other places in the upcoming weeks). I'm looking into financial aids + scholarships to the program to help pay for that grand tuition!
Also, there isn't housing provided for the advanced session since the age group is older. So anyone residing in San Fran want to take me in for 5 weeks?

Tonight in ballet class, my brightened mood definitely helped with my performance. It's so amazing how a little thing can affect your entire day! It's days like this that remind me why I live for this. The amazing feeling of knowing that you made it in somewhere that you know you belong.

Also, my bestie and I took pictures for our auditions coming up this weekend. First arabesque requirement. Just another reason why today is so perfect: I got the perfect shot of my arabesque on TRY ONE. Amazing. (I just hate how huge my hips look...) I'm going to do a few level + saturation adjustments in Photoshop tomorrow in photography class to get it just right.

Then I ended the evening with a little rehearsal of a very fun Balanchine variation that I learned over the summer from "Who Cares?". How delicious. The tempo is perfect, and everything. Thanks to Phillip Skaggs of Richmond Ballet for sending the music file!

The thing is: you will have bad days, and you will have good days. And these good days are what you should be living for. Find something that you love to do and make it yours. Your dreams will take you far, but you have to start with what is right in front of you. And don't get in the way of things that want to get in the way of your dreams.

I have had a perfect day, and now all I'm hoping for is the perfect and snow-free weekend. Those weathermen can never make up their minds!! I've heard so many different things...

But one thing is certain: You make your own destiny and write your own story. And this is just the beginning of mine.
xobria

PS. I love this song. And what a great cover!

PPS. Everyone must immediately go wish the beautiful, rad, and inspiring Ms. Keltie Colleen a Very Happy Birthday and make her day perfect!! Tweet her! Facebook her! Leave a comment on her blog! She loves it all. We all know that she means the world to us, and we are the best army anyone could ever have!

5 comments:

Ariana said...

Hey! Congratulations on the good news!! Hard work definetely pays off sooner or later :)

I'd take you in if I lived in san francisco....unfortunately, I'm too far away haha
xoxo

bria ballerina said...

Thank you so much! I know. I've been too hard on myself lately, and just knowing this definitely makes me know that I shouldn't be.

And I really appreciate that. I need to find a place to stay, quick!

<3bria

Marilyn said...

I was so excited for you when you told me the news today! It'll be such a wonderful experience! Congratulations, Bria!

<3 :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations on getting into the Summer program! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time there.

I've just started following your blog; you seem like a really nice and talented person!

bria ballerina said...

Thanks, Natalie!! I am very excited, and I'm so glad that I get to share my journey with all of you!! :)

Thanks for following.
<3bria