Tuesday, February 02, 2010

hopeless romantics are the hopeful.



I always felt like I was the only hopeless romantic out there in the world. Even if I talked to my sister, my best friend, and blogged about what I think love is all about. Being a hopeless romantic meant leading somewhat of a lonely life.

But as I am continuing to be snowed in, I found another hopeless romantic, and we had a good conversation about why we are the way we are. And I complained about how he made moving on sound so easy, and then I thought to myself. Moving on really should be an easy thing. Easy as picking up your things and moving to the room across the hall.

I said, "I need someone new. Something I've never seen before."

He said, "We all do."

I complained about holding back because I've been hurt. And he just responded with a "fuck them. Just move on. Just do it." And it's then when I realized that it doesn't ever have to be hard. We make it hard ourselves. We put this unneeded weight on the pain and love we get from relationships. I read The Unbearable Lightness of Being with ignorance because I read it with all the weight of holding on in my heart and on my shoulders. He told me to lighten up. On everything.

Being hopelessly romantic shouldn't be a bad thing. It shouldn't be a sad story. It shouldn't be a sad life. In my conversation with another hopeless romantic, I've realized that it's quite something quite hopeful.

We aren't picky. We're humble and honest.
We aren't waiting for a happily ever after. We're waiting for a once upon a time.

xobria


it's fine if you don't love me 'cause somebody else will...
when you love yourself enough for two. so there's no use to love you.
PS. Thanks to Lore for the new banner!! It looks great!!

No comments: