Saturday, February 13, 2010

how funny.

"to love at all is to be vulnerable. love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. if you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. but in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. it will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. to love is to be vulnerable." - c.s. lewis

All I can say is that funny things happen to funny people.
When things start going your way, things will really start going your way. When you believe in yourself, your intentions, and your actions, things that are meant to be will happen. Pay attention to the little things. The little signs. The slightest whisper from the wind that tells you to move on and be happy.
And things will happen.

Today was the first company rehearsal in about two weeks because of the snow, but we worked diligently + timely. There is no time to dilly-dally along anymore. We're in a time crunch, and we're going to have to make it work. Costumes were flying. Variations were being taught on the side. Music from two different studios were clashing. You can call this chaos. But we call this family and fun. The rehearsal call list went up this morning, and I'm put down for Swanilda's Girlfriends and Mazurka/Czardas. Rehearsal was long today, but everyone helped each other catch up on steps that we got to leave early.

The last time I did Coppelia with the company was when I was in Grade 8!! We were watching the video, and I looked so tiny and baby-faced. Things have definitely changed since then, but I just smile at how much I've grown and how long ago that seemed.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and I've had friends complain to me how much they hate it because they're single. I've never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day. Things have always never worked out before the big day. But my best friend/4 am friend, Dylan, told me this: "You know what? I love Valentine's Day - it reinforces the idea that love should be a rule to live by."

And this is the reason why I don't hate Valentine's Day. I love love. And you should too. I'm spending the day in Richmond to see Richmond Ballet perform Romeo + Juliet (my favorite ballet!!). I am very excited because I know several people in the performance, and it will be nice to be back in the city that I spent most of my summer in.

xobria

This makes me cry every time I watch it...

1 comment:

Alex said...

Happy V-Day!!!!

Yea, my friends were pretty upset, saying that Valentine's was pointless because we're all single. I laughed. We're I come from, Valentine's has a long title:
Dia de San Valentin, Dia del Amor y la Amistad.
Meaning:
Valentine's Day, Day of Love and Friendship.
I told them that the strongest love was just being with each other. Knowing that you have people around you that love and take care of you is what it's all about. (Little cliche..and Harry Potter :\)

There's nothing like watching the greatest love movies on Valentine's Day. 6 Harry Potter movies + the fam + junk food = best day ever!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing something you love on this lovely day. :D

Love Always,
Alex

Ps. Sorry to hear about San Fran