Monday, March 15, 2010

be the change.

"if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make a change." - michael jackson

The end of my crazy + busy weekend has finally arrived, and I can FINALLY breath!

SATs really weren't all that terrible. They just got tedious and seemed as if they would never end!! By the end, I just wanted to get out of there and give my brain a rest! My scores will be available on April 1st, and although I think that I didn't do too badly, I just know that these scores won't be seen by anyone soon.

Too bad the stressing didn't end because right after SATs, I had to go to rehearsal and get ready to do a full run through of Act I of Coppelia. The show is in less than two weeks, and we'll be in the theatre in a week from today! We're all working so hard to get everything together, but there is still a lot of cleaning to be done. It was a long day of keeping up with switching casts and teaching the other people the order of the ballet, and we got a lot of stuff done. Although I don't think that at this moment we're ready to put a show on, I know that we'll be able to get it together just in time for the show. Pedro works magic. The Backstage ladies work magic, too. They make all of this possible and make the backstage antics less dramatic. We save the drama for the stage, and I can't wait to hit the wings and get gussied up in tights for those bright lights!

On Sunday, I did community service to pack meals for the many people that were effected by the earthquake in Haiti. Over 300,000 people were effected by the earthquake, and we were determined to pack that many meals so that every single person could have something to eat. By the time that a few of our company members and I arrived, they already had packed about 100,000 meals! This was a such a great cause, and I am so glad that I got be a part of it. The meals that we packed were perfectly proportioned with soy protein, vegetables, chicken flavoring and seasoning, and rice (placed in that order exactly!). It was a mad house in there with people running around packing, weighing, and sealing off meal bags. They were also taking donations, and it's so amazing to think that $1 feeds 10 hungry people.
And as I was frantically pouring the chicken flavoring into the meal bags every 5 seconds, the famous Michael Jackson song "Man In The Mirror" played. It was the perfect song to be playing while everyone was contributing to such a life-changing experience. Anyone can change the world. Take one step at a time, and you will see that you really can make a difference. Seeing hundreds of people come in and out of the building to pack meals was so inspiring. Everyone is willing to help, and I just couldn't help but tear up. All the people that will receive these meals are going to be so thankful. They're going to eat the food, and they're going to know that there are good people in the world. Be those good people. It makes you feel amazing, and just thinking about the people you are helping.

It's truly amazing.
xobria

No comments: