Thursday, March 25, 2010

day number four: the spoon + the company man.


pups spoon too.


Tonight was the final dress rehearsal for Coppelia. It wasn't the smoothest run through, but that only means that the performances will (knock on wood). Everyone was definitely a lot more relaxed tonight, but it still takes a lot to get used to the theatre. It's one thing to do it in the studio thousands of times, but doing it in the theatre is completely different.

Everytime we do a full run through of this ballet, I have flashbacks to the first time we did it. The sets, music, and costumes bring back so many great memories from when I first became part of the company. It seems such a long time ago since then, but it was only 3 years ago! I feel older than I actually am. How awful...

Tomorrow is an early morning. It includes tights, a leotard, breakfast tea, and smelly ballet shoes.

Listy-list!
-"The Company Man" by Ellen Goodman. We read it for my English class. It scared me. I've had visions of myself building my dance career and doing nothing but dancing, teaching, choreographing, traveling, etc. In constant motion. Never stopping. This essay was written to send out the message that you shouldn't let your job or other things get in the way of the things that really matter: family, friends, moments, love. I'm afraid that even though I always need these things in my life and strongly believe in the forces of love, I'll get lost in my work. I'll be a work-a-holic, and I'll regret it...
-My cast of girlfriends is the best cast. We're so silly.
-I'm supposed to be the woman of the night. Although I tend to forget that when I actually get onstage.
-I forgot eyebrows today.
-Pictures with the girlfriends tonight was fun. Like I said, we're silly.
-Wet leotards aren't fun to wear.
-Granny panties on the other hand, are the best.
-I can't breathe in my girlfriends costume. I love it.
-Snug•gle (v.) -- to lie or press closely, as for comfort or from affection. NOT a snuggie rip off.
-Spoon•ing (v.) -- a form of affection between a couple. Where the man lays front to back with the girl. they fit together like spoons. NOT forking someone's yard except with spoons of course...
-"Fire" by Augustana = song of the day.

xobria

No comments: