Saturday, April 10, 2010

back to reality.


Wow, it feels like I haven't really done any updating on here, and I don't like that. So I'm very sorry the posts have been brief/vague/distant/random/etc. It's been spring breaky break over here for Bria Ballerina, and I've spent a lot of time soaking up the sun and drooling over hours and hours of music and reading. Splendid.

Today it was back to the studio for a company rehearsal preparing for yet another Taubman Mueseum performance in 2 weeks! We'll be performing the MoTown selections again with the band Groovuhtational Pull (check out their facebook fan page! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Groovuhtational-Pull/106023488334?ref=ts). The last time we did MoTown was back in September! And although it has been several months since we last performed these pieces, I've realized the importance of muscle memory + taking notes. Thankfully, the performance back in September was recorded, so we had a video to reference. But everytime I learn an important dance, variation, or a dance that I just enjoy, I'll write down the steps in my journal! And when John & I were called to rehearse the old pas, we had forgotten several steps, and the video, my notes, and mere muscle memory helped so much! It's amazing what the little nerves and fibers in your muscles can just remember just by doing something so many times. Our bodies are truly extraordinary!
So, today's rehearsal was quite a breeze! On a side note, Pedro looked absolutely adorable today - red long sleeved turtleneck, light grey jeans, white jazz sneakers, spicy attitude.

Something amazing that happened today = I received the State Dance Scholarship for the second year in a row! I know that there were only 3 of us auditioning for it this year, but I was really wasn't expecting to get it again! The other girls were working so hard, and it definitely showed in the pieces they presented for the scholarship audition. But I guess this just really shows that hard work will pay off. I've never dreamed about receiving prestigious scholarships when I was a 3 year old in a tutu, but it's absolutely surreal when it actually happens. And this is my reality, and it's because I never stopped dreaming. I never stopped working. I never stopped creating. Or believing. And that's the thing about dreams. They want to be real just as bad as you want them to be, but you can't keep suppressing them. Seriously. Dreams coming true begins with you.

There is a lot coming up for me in the next few weeks! I just love it when these bursts of crazy workload come my way - it keeps me busy, and they're just fun! Like I said earlier, the museum performance is on the 24th of this month. On the 25th, the day after, I will be at a photoshoot for company events coming up in the 2010-2011 season! This photoshoot will include some pictures for shows as well as a special shoot for the seniors graduating next year. Yep, that's me (I'm not going to lie, I shed yet another tear today just thinking about being a senior next year...)! But I am very excited to get all dolled up and take some awesome pictures by my prom date's daddy!
Speaking of prom - I got my prom dress this weekend at this spectacular outlet. I ended up getting a deep deep plum, rouched, one-shouldered dress from BCBG by Max Azria. It wasn't what I was planning on finding, but I absolutely love it! Prom is in three weeks, and I'm so excited!

Back to school on Monday. I'm not too stoked about that...
xobria

PS. This Kate McGill chick is rad. I can't stop listening to her.

No comments: