Sunday, April 25, 2010

photoshoot day.

we're the three best friends that anybody could ever have.

Today was the awesome photoshoot day!! We took several pictures for advertising in preparation for the '10-'11 season. The photos from today's photoshoot were taken by the all amazing, all magnificent Dan McDilda at McDilda Photography! He's done pictures for us for the past two years, and he's done quite a fantastic job of making us all look fabulous. It was great going to his photography studio to work with him, and it was really cool seeing him set up all the lights and such.

"you've been promoted to art director. now get over here and help me make her look good."

The first pictures on the agenda were the senior headshots. Yes. That means me. I still can't believe that I'm going to be a senior next year, and getting our senior headshots was a smack in the face. But all the senior girls looked absolutely gorgeous. Mr. McDilda promoted me to art director for about 10 minutes, and I got to stand behind the camera with him and help my friends out to get the best headshot possible. It was a lot of fun! One of the things on my bucket list (things to do before I die) is to be a photographer for a photoshoot, and today made me want to it even more! It looks like so much fun!

here i am at the photoshoot with my best friend, and we're having a ball!!

This was the clue that I provided you guys today on my twitter account. I think it's a good enough clue for you guys to figure it out!! And this was the first costume I took pictures in today, and being in the costume sent me a year into the future. It was a little freaky. I saw myself getting ready backstage in this dress, with this tiara, with this feeling in my gut. And as the cameras flashed, the vision disappeared. I can't wait to dance in this costume. It's absolutely gorgeous! But we have to be super careful because it belongs to a ballet company in Florida!

The best part of today was when we went to the Blue Ridge Parkway! We got to climb on a few boulders with our giant, beautiful, colorful skirts from Celebracion. They looked absolutely delightful blowing in the slight breeze. Mind you, we were in 1 inch heels, on uneven boulders, right next to a pretty busy road; it was fantastically exhilarating. It started to drizzle, but that didn't stop the photoshoot! It just made us work super quick, ha! Here's the best part - Pedro says, "Man, I wish we could take some pictures right in the middle of the road..." and Dan says, "Let's do it!" So we all run out into the middle of the road praying that no cars would come by as we posed for the camera. Flash. Flash. Flash. And we scurried off the road. Made my day. And good thing we got done in time before the storm hit with its rain, thunder, and lightning. Phew!

The pictures taken today looked really great, and I can't wait to see them!
And this ends my wonderfully busy weekend.
It's only going to get busier with Prom this coming weekend.
Woo. hoo.
xobria

No comments: