Thursday, April 15, 2010

tell them how it is.



I'm quickly learning that being gutsy and fearless can have its consequences. But most of the time it's such a great kind of person to be.

My plans of being on this year's prom court have been shot down by the fact that prom prince + princess actually go to seniors as well, so....that's embarrassing. I was building up this teeny, tiny, miniscule (just trying to express how small of group it was) group of people that would nominate me, but now it's not even going down. Being the type of person that always tries to see the positive in every situation, I don't see my efforts as a total fail. I've built up the confidence of several students that I've spoken to. They've told me that they are proud of my stepping-out, and they continued on to say that they wish they were more like me. With which I responded, "You can be! Don't be so afraid. If you want it, you'll get it." I strongly believe that if you put your mind to something, you'll eventually get it some way or another. You just can't get anywhere without starting somewhere and without letting go for a single moment.

The fact that I'm realizing that being spontaneous can also be a bad thing has made me be a little more conscious of what I say and do (I'll never make that ^ mistake again...)

But good things can truly come out of it too. Your intentions are as good as you make them to be. Soon, but not too soon, I will be telling him how I really feel. I'll be telling him that there shouldn't be any excuses as to why we can't be together. And I'm going to tell him that there couldn't be anyone else perfect for me but him. The good that has come out of my honesty with him is that my expectation of things getting awkward were proven wrong when he said that he was happy that I was being completely honest with him. Honesty is the best policy. Letting a good opportunity pass me by isn't in my vision anymore. I'm making a promise to myself that I'm going to grab every opportunity that comes my way. Starting with him.

Hell, you only live once.
xobria

No comments: