Wednesday, April 14, 2010

what do you want to hear?


I get confused sometimes. About why what I'm doing can seem to be either inspiring or conceited.
I don't want to fight back all the people that tell me that I'm self-absorbed or self-centered, and I don't want to have to feel like I have to prove myself. But sometimes the words people say shove me back a few steps further away from my dreams. They make me feel like I need to hold back all the brute force I'm exuding to get where I want. They make me suppress my dreams and zest for life. And trust me, I'm trying to find a balance between being confident and being humble.

And maybe I'm just selfish. And maybe I'm just so hardworking that I can't look anywhere else but forward. And maybe I'm just shutting everyone else out and only listening to myself. And maybe I'm just in my own dream world.

And maybe I'm just saying these things so that people will stop telling me that I'm a vain and big-headed person. Or just to stop hearing myself calling myself these things.....

No comments: