Friday, May 14, 2010

guitar players.

Last night was the school talent show!! I had such a blast, and I didn't realize how many people at my school were singers/guitar players!! At the dress rehearsal after school, there were so many guitars and pretty voices floating around the auditorium. It was tons of fun just messing around with notes and melodies with people that enjoy making music too. It's just awesome being around inspiring people with the same kinds of passions.

So the rehearsal right after school ran right into the actual show. There was so much talent in the show last night. I was truly amazed and inspired by all the acts. I made a lot of new friendships and connected with a lot of people that I never found myself getting to know before. It was really cool being able to hang out with such talented people while raising money for such a great cause.
The show was quite a success. I ended up changing my dance to the hip-hop/ballet piece to the Ting Tings' "Shut Up and Let Me Go". And I'm glad that I did! The audience loved it, and I had a great time performing it. It's such a fun dance, and I've been waiting for an opportunity to perform it!

One of the acts almost left me in tears. I have this friend named Patrick. And let me tell you that he is a beast at guitar. And let me tell you this too: I have a weakness for guitar players. Give a cute boy a guitar, and if he can't play it, I turn my head the other way. Give an average boy a guitar, and he plays it with crisp fingers to make a melodious tune, I'll make him my new boyfriend. Furthermore, Patrick played one of my favorite songs: "Ocean" by John Butler Trio. And I fell in love! I was mesmerized by his clean plucking and perfect musicality. It was truly beautiful, and I teared up a little. He has so much talent, and everyone was enchanted. He received a standing ovation. I was the first person to congratulate him on a perfect performance after running backstage and squeezing him to death in my bear hug.

He continued on to win 1st place in the talent show competition. And I'm so glad that he did. He totally deserved it. As well as that standing ovation. I'm so proud of him!
In the end, we ended up raising a total of $1,077 to go to the people of Haiti! All is well with the world!!

xobria

PS. Did I mention guitar players are sexy?

2 comments:

htbui said...

i wish i knew how to play the guitar. i would love to learn one day! following.. i hope you do the same =)

bria ballerina said...

Guitar is really not that hard to take up!! I taught myself over the course of a whole summer, so you can too!!

Thanks for reading!!
<3bria