Wednesday, May 12, 2010

talent.

I am happy to say that I am finished with all AP exams. I took the AP English Language + Composition exam today, and I was dreading it for the longest time. I said that I would take the AP Calc exam 10 times before I would ever think about taking the English one. That's how freaked out I was about it. But after taking it today, it truly wasn't that bad. I think I did pretty well on multiple-choice as well as the essays. But usually when I think I do well, I end up doing the complete opposite. Hopefully that's not the case...

Tomorrow is the talent show at my school to raise money for Haiti. I have failed to mention before that I might be doing a different dance than I originally planned. I was planning on doing the scholarship audition dance that I did to Paolo Nutini's "Last Request", but I thought that I would do a dance that I haven't performed yet. I've always had this project in the back of my mind to combine hip-hop + ballet into one dance. And although I haven't taken many hip-hop classes to know enough moves, I took the challenge upon myself. And a dance was born to the Ting Tings' song "Shut Up and Let Me Go". It's en pointe, sassy, and quite fun. I think that changing things up will excite the audience and maybe be more appealing? I still haven't decided if I want to switch dances or not. The biggest factor on deciding which dance to do is how the floor is on the stage of the auditorium. If the stage isn't too slick for pointe shoes, then I'll do the Ting Tings. If it's ice, then I'll do "Last Request". But I'm secretly hoping that I can do "Shut Up..." Eeep! I just need stop thinking about it...
Support a good cause and attend the talent show!! Starts at 7!!

Tonight, I got a book from Barnes + Noble called The College Guide for Performing Arts Majors. It's quite a read! I've only skimmed through it a few times, and I've found it to be very helpful! There are college profiles to help you look for the perfect school! I will make this guide my bible for a few weeks before I start applying to colleges. Which will be this summer!! Ah, I feel like I'm getting old...

I've been up since 5:15 this morning. That's too early for Bria.
I need sleep...
xobria

PS. Crystal Castles = my new addiction. Get into them. They're rad.



No comments: