Wednesday, June 23, 2010

it just gets better + better.

bria ballerina + shufly at their finest - hot, sweaty, delicious after a ballet class.

I'm telling you - this city is magical. Magical things happen here. Dreams come true. People are beautiful. You dance your best. You sing your loudest. And you fall in love.
Today I didn't have a master class at Ailey, so one of my roommates + I decided to take a ballet class at Broadway Dance Center. We both just really needed a good ballet class to keep in shape and get rid of this icky, sore, tight feeling we both have. So we walked 15 blocks to the studios, and I was already sweating like crazy before the class even started. And as we were waiting outside the studio for the class to start, a familiar face was sitting by the window talking with another beautiful dancer girl. I tried to figure out where I've seen that gorgeous face before, but I couldn't really put my finger on it. I should have apologized for eyeballing her like crazy because I just kept staring trying to figure out who she was...and I realized that it was Nicole Schuman! I imagined meeting this fabulous woman before or after a Rockette show, but I had the privilege of taking a divine ballet class with her at the Broadway Dance Center. And let me tell you, she is a gorgeous dancer. I love her port de bras, and her extension is exquisite. It was phenomenal being in a class with her.

Every day since I've been here has had something incredible happen (even though the bikram yoga experience was the BAD kind of incredible, it was incredible) to me. I don't want to jinx anything, but it's just going to get better and better. I've got to live here... 

No comments: