Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the words i never said.

"among my most prized possessions are words that i have ever spoken." - orson scott card

So, I'm reading this book. It's called Dreamland by Sarah Dessen. I've heard about this lovely author and have even quoted her once or twice on this blawg of mine. But I've never read any of her books, so while I was at good ol' B+N the other day, I picked one off the shelf. I began to read it, and it was a little slow start at the beginning. And then she met the boy. His name is Rogerson, and she couldn't stay away.

All the thoughts that were running through her teenage head of hers were the ones that I've always wanted to say/write down/blog about/etc. but never did. I was afraid that people would continue to try and figure out who this boy I speak about is and succeed. And that was the last thing I could ever want...but it was somewhat comforting to know that someone out there was more courageous than me to write down the stinging thoughts of infatuation + love. And as you can imagine, I was in tears from the memories brought back to the front of my mind by these perfect words written by Ms. Dessen.

And it was like one of those situations where you have a slice of delicious double chocolate New York style cheescake. But you want more. You know you probably shouldn't have another slice, but you can't help yourself so you get another one anyway. That's what happened with me and this book. The weird pain/satisfaction/happiness/nostalgia/comfort I was feeling while reading it brought tears to my eyes, and I thought I couldn't handle reading another page without bursting into tears again. But I wanted to read some more - to find out what happens next + to remember him just a little longer.

I'm not done with this book quite yet, but I like it so far.
I'm not done with him quite yet, and I don't like that.

No comments: