Thursday, July 08, 2010

i wish life was a ballet.

"we're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance." - japanese proverb

Tonight I went to see ABT perform my favorite ballet - Romeo + Juliet.
When just about 2 weeks ago, I saw them perform Swan Lake. I still think it's so amazing how I can see one of the best ballet companies perform at a theatre right next to where I'm living. It's mind-blowing. But I came prepared this time with a handful of tissues in my purse to prepare for the tears. Paloma Herrera danced Juliet and Marcelo Gomes danced Romeo tonight, and it was absolutely flawless. They have such great chemistry together that it was completely believable as it should be. Her feet were beautiful, and his turns were exquisite. It gave me chills and left tears in my eyes.

Watching such a great performance of my favorite ballet made me wish that life was like a ballet. Boys would have to woo a girl not with words by actions - turns, jumps, and high extensions. And the girls would have to impress by the flirtiness of their port de bras and the arch of their pointe shoes. And true love would be shared with a dance of extravagant lifts and embracing. It's all fantasy and reality at the same time for us dancers...

xobria

paloma <3

No comments: