Sunday, July 25, 2010

the last week.


Yesterday, the suitemates and I walked around 5th Ave and imagined what it would be like to be able to walk into every single store and know that we could afford every single thing on the shelf. And we had a little fun at the Abercrombie store with the cutie pie models, tee hee.

Tonight, we had dress rehearsal for the performance at the end of this week. I'm performing on Thursday in the West African piece. Rehearsal tonight went well, and I'm starting to feel the energy between all of us without having to look at ourselves in the mirror to make sure we're doing it right. It's a little different doing a performance that doesn't require tights, pointe shoes, or turn-out at any point. But this will be a great thing that I will be able to add to my growing resume as a dancer. Dress rehearsal is on Thursday before the show, and I can't wait to see my family come in the city that I've grown to be a part of with in the past month and a half. I feel like they're entering my turf...

This is my last week here in the Big Apple, and I'm going to miss it more than you think. I honestly feel like I belong here. The people, the fashion, the food, the arts. Everything about it is everything I'm about. Going back to a small town is going to be very strange, but I do miss all the small town folk that live there.

My biggest concern is getting packed again...

No comments: