Tuesday, July 27, 2010

a sign that love is worth fighting for.

"you're the reason i could've gotten in a fight with him...i know how he treated you, and just knowing that makes me mad."

I asked for a sign.

My heart has been a very confusing place lately. For once in my life, I didn't know what I truly wanted. What I'm used to and what I deserve were starting to get tangled up and confused with one another.

I'm not a fighter. But I fight for love. And so is he. He told me that being in the presence of the boy that broke my heart enraged his soul and almost caused him to get in a fight. I don't support violence of any kind, but thinking that a boy was willing to fight for me made me swoon. I've never had a boy tell me that he was going to fight for me. That he wasn't going to run away. That he was willing to face a problem. That he was willing to run the same distance for me and with me to make this work.

He was the sign that I asked for. He's the sign that I'm not supposed to be sad and broken anymore. That trusting karma and fate is sometimes just enough...



ps. this is my friend Tony. He is a delicious dancer. He's going to go so far. Check him out http://www.youtube.com/daleliodancer

No comments: