Friday, August 13, 2010

friday the 13th.


Last night, I went to an acoustic show at the amazing McDilda Photography studios downtown. I know several people that are in local bands in this area, and it was only until very recently that I've actually gotten to see several of them perform. Last night was such a great scene: small venue, acoustic guitars, people that love music, and yummy food.

The first fellow in the lineup was a chap named Jordan Barger. He has his own little music project called Arte Povera, and he even started his own record label that goes by the name of Personal Records. He has only been playing for 2 years, and he is still significantly better than me. The kind of music that he plays and writes is the kind that makes my insides feel warm and nice. When I saw him perform tonight, I caught myself smiling at how genuine and raw his music is. I really like the feel of his music, and it was a great way to start the show.

Next up was none other than my prom date, Alex. Once upon a forever ago, he and I went on a little date that consisted of iced coffee and guitar playing in an empty parking lot. He played me several of his songs and admitted that he gets nervous playing his songs in front of other people. Most of his songs are the sweet little love tunes that make every girl swoon when they listen to the lyrics. He conquered his fear tonight, and I could tell that he was having a lot of fun with it no matter how nervous he was.

And last in the lineup was the local famous band, Twelve O' Clock Knob. They're a popular choice of entertainment in this area, and tonight was the first time I've ever seen them perform. Sadly, I only got to see the last remnants of the original band because the new Twelve O' Clock Knob was formed due to graduating students going off to college. Santi, the lead singer, has a lot of charisma and brightened up the stage. I was sitting next to his girlfriend tonight, and I wondered what it was like having a musician boyfriend for a few seconds...Their music was very catchy and something I would probably find myself dancing around in my underwear to.

All of the music tonight made me want to get on a stage and perform my own music. I might not be as great as the people I saw perform tonight, but it just looked like so much fun! Now I'm going to spend a little quality time with my guitar...

What are some awesome local bands in your area?
xobria


No comments: