Monday, August 23, 2010

start of the victory lap.

"welcome to the victory lap...senior year!" - my english teacher

I'm not going to lie - today was pretty crazy + overwhelming.
I was weighted down with a crazy number of textbooks, information about classes, and the idea of being a senior. On the brightside, it's pretty awesome walking around the school knowing that you're top-dog this year, and no one else can tell you otherwise. I'm a little intimidated by the workload that is around the corner with the classes I'm taking this year, but I think once I get used to it, I'll be okay. So far, I'm really liking all my classes and the people in them.

Every year, I worry about my first-day-of-school outfit, and this year, I really didn't have a clue what I was going to wear. I remember back in middle and elementary school, I would have my outfit planned out the night before ready to throw on in the morning. But the past few years, I have just thrown my outfits together, but in the end, I felt confident and ready for school. This year, I threw together my American Apparel white lace tank (one of my new favorite pieces of clothing), capris, and my crayon sweater (not pictured above, ha). But it looks like everyone was looking great today.

This year, I have to wake up earlier to get to school about an hour before the rest of school starts for the challenging class of AP Biology. I've always liked Biology, so I thought I'd try my hand at the AP class. As much as the teachers tried not to scare me with the course, it didn't work. I'm not scared, per se, just not ready for what's going to hit me. We've already got a whole packet study guide due tomorrow, which I probably should be working on right now...
And as an incentive for myself for getting to school early, I get to leave school early! I don't have an 8th period class, so I just get to go home. Ah, one of the perks of senior year, for sure...

Homecoming is in two weeks. I repeat - Homecoming is in two weeks. The majority of the school is pretty pissed off about having it so early in the year, but it's too late to change it now. I've got a dress (bought it at a cute little boutique while strolling around Greenwich village this summer), but no date (what a surprise...). I'll try not to worry so much about the whole date situation seeing that I've never had a homecoming date, but there's nothing wrong with still being hopeful, right? I'm also on the Powderpuff team this year, and our first practice was yesterday. I got an ugly sports bra tan from being outside so long, but I found my place on the football field. I'm really excited to be on the team, and I can't wait to beat those juniors!

This year is surely going to be an interesting one...
xobria

No comments: