Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ms. bria.


I don't know how I managed to forget to mention that I've got myself a little job as an assistant teacher at my dance studio! Last week, I was asked to help out with a few of the younger classes at the studio, and today was my first day! I'm helping out with three classes every week. The youngest girls that I help to teach are 4 and 5, and the oldest are about 9 or 10. Starting out today was a lot of fun, and all the little kiddies are adorable. So far I've been a demonstrater and a partner for a girl that wanted to chasé across the diagonal.

Being around all these little girls that want to dance reminded me of myself. Putting on the frilly little leotards with the skirts attached to it and my first ballet shoes. As I watch these little girls flail around unable to really control their movements, I wonder how clapping, horsey-gallops, and bunny hops got me all the way to fouettes, saut de chats, and piqués. I look at some of the girls, and I can't help but guess which ones are going to dance for the rest of their lives and which ones aren't. The way they jump around and can't stop twirling in circles let me see the glow inside of them. The glow of the passion the drives them to dance. It might seem that they're a little too young to have a "drive", but that light and glow is what makes them jump and spin as soon as the music starts playing. And that's where it begins.

I'm really loving this job because seeing the little girls just loving every single thing they're doing pushing me as well to give them the best inspiration to make that glowing light to grow even more. I can't wait to be a teacher on my own...

I don't even want to know what I looked like when I first started dancing. Probably clumsy as hell...
xobria

No comments: