Sunday, September 26, 2010

tied to the theatre.


This weekend was our last in-studio rehearsal for the Dance Festival coming up next weekend. This year, the company is jumping the gun and getting started on everything as soon as possible! It really helps with muscle memory and getting everything done, but it can be so overwhelming at the same time! And again, like I always say, I wouldn't have it any other way.

This week I'll be at the theatre every night until 10 o' clock in the evening. Sleep will disappear from my agenda with a couple of tests and papers in the schedule as well. Coffee will be necessary, not an option, early in the morning. I'll probably not wear anything cute this week. I'll probably be wearing my glasses everyday. I'm not going to be able to talk to my boyfriend as much. Dinner will be energy bars backstage. Hand-washing leotards is the first thing I'll do when I get home instead of homework. I will fall asleep with my feet soaking in ice water (probably not the best idea) with AP Bio homework sitting in my lap still waiting to be finished. I'll wake up with yesterday's dress rehearsal makeup gluing my eyes shut....

Oh, I love theatre week.
xobria

No comments: