Saturday, September 04, 2010

true beauty.


People always ask me why I dance. Why I spend every single weekend in the studio for 5 hours when I could be hanging out with friends or going shopping or sleeping or even doing homework. Why I don't really mind that my feet are all ugly from pointe shoes.

And my answer is simple: because it makes me feel beautiful.

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror at the studio, and I see a girl that is drenched in sweat and almost close to tears from being so frustrated. Dancers aren't perfect, but we always strive for it. And when we aren't perfect we get frustrated. So how does beating myself down and having nasty sweatstains make me feel beautiful? I find the beauty in the hard work.

As a dancer and hungry artist, I'm going to keep pushing through and doing anything to get what I want. Spending hours of my life to produce something I will be proud of. At this moment of my life, I feel like my success and confidence in my career is only in it's early, baby stage. At this moment in my life, I feel as if I'm walking on a tightrope that requires me to keep on my toes and keep balance, but the only way to go is forward.
And as I get to the point in my life where I'm going to take the big step of going to college and starting the rest of my life, I'm getting more complex and more excited+anxious as my graduation date approaches.

I'm starting to get crazy and stressed out from school and dance and friends and lack of boys...but that's the true beauty of it.

Homecoming in a week, my darlings.
xobria

No comments: