Sunday, October 24, 2010

slacker...

the morning after an all-nighter with the best friends <3
I know I've been really slacking with the blogs. My life is getting crazier and crazier everyday, so by the time I have time to sit down and write a little bit for zee blog, I end up falling asleep in front of the computer with a half written blog post. So I must apologize for all the late posts put up throughout the past few days. (I made sure to finish all my AP Bio homework early today just so I could get a real post in tonight.)

Company rehearsal have been very productive lately with getting Nutcracker parts situated and learned. This year, I will be dancing the usual-Snowflake, Violet (Waltz of the Flowers), and Arabian Soloist. Ever since my first Nutcracker in 4th grade, I've dreamt of being the Arabian Coffee soloist. That very first Nutcracker, I was an Arabian corp dancer, and I watched the Arabian soloist and wished to be as good as her some day. Eight years later, I'm a senior, and I'm that girl. Maybe I'm that girl that the others are looking up to, yet I still don't feel that old or technically mature. It still has not hit me that I'm a senior...
Rehearsals are really going well. Everyone is building up their stamina and toe strength for Snow, and we are busy polishing Waltz of the Flowers. Many performances have been announced this weekend as well. And I will be performing Arabian at an Art's Council performance on November 5th, Cinderella Act II variation at Nutcracker Ball, and Arabian once again at Dicken's of a Christmas downtown the first weekend of December. Which means my first performance for this Nutcracker season will be in a couple of weeks!!
Yesterday, I also reviewed and rehearsed the Cinderella variation that I learned back in January. And it's just the beginning for the real thing that will be happpening all the way in the spring. I could feel a difference in my strength from when I first learned this variation in January, and I owe it all to my stay in New York this summer. I learned so much this summer, and I feel myself as a grown and changed dancer. And it's all bittersweet that I won't be with the company much longer...


And now I'm just getting carried away. This has been a busy weekend. Next weekend is Halloween!! What are you dressing up as?!
xobria

No comments: