Wednesday, November 24, 2010

RRR.

"i tried not to use the word 'hate', even though it poured out of my heart." - keltie colleen; rockettes, rockstars, and rockbottom

Last night, after I cam home from dance class, I noticed a package sitting on the kitchen counter with my name on the front. I didn't recognize the return address, but when I opened it up, I screamed. It was Keltie's book. The one that I had ordered a long time ago, and it was finally here!

Rather than paying attention during the last day of school before the Thanksgiving break, I decided to keep my nose buried in Keltie's book all day. And I finished it. And I'm left in tears and a happy heart. Keltie has been through a lot, and reading her book has changed the way I look at her for the better. I don't think people give her enough credit for how far she has come, but she deserves a standing ovation. I was left crying from the book being over, from the feeling of how proud I am of Keltie, and from the connection I made with certain parts of the book. The last part, about Dreamer, hit me the hardest. I've dealt with a liar and a cheat, and he's a heartbreaker. (So from now on, I shall refer to him as Heartbreaker.) And all the words that I kept silent and deep within my heart were written right there on the page in front of me, and I couldn't help but be reminded of the hurt feeling that Heartbreaker caused me.

On the other hand, tears formed in my eyes from the happy heart beating in my chest. It was so comforting to know that I wasn't the only one that has been screwed over. I think that all the people that have had their hearts broken have a secret club and alliance. It's formed with all the pieces of our hearts that are left, and somehow that's enough to make it.

But most of all, I connected most for her hunger for love, art, and life as a whole. People live for different things, and I lived for what Keltie lived for as I read this book. It was a roller coaster of feelings and events, but I felt. A lot. And that's all that matters. And as a hungry and aspiring artist in this generation, I look up to people like Keltie that do nothing but keep pushing forward, don't take 'no' for an answer, and make doubters turn into believers. You can live for computer science. You can live for psychology. You can live for the potatoes that grow in your backyard. You live for something. And it just so happens that Keltie (as well as many of us) live art and the discovery of true love. You know you're one of them...
I am so proud - we're so proud - of Keltie and the success she has thus far in her life. However, there is so much more for her in the upcoming future! And we all know we can't wait to see what is in store for her next!

Please buy her book at http://www.deadxstop.com/!

Happy reading!
xobria
PS. Kelts, when are you going to do a book reading at my Barnes + Noble?! I'll be your worker bee for free! (You like that rhyming there?)

No comments: