Thursday, November 25, 2010

thank god for benadryl.

I woke up this morning with hives all over my face and my eyes swollen shut. I have no idea what it was from, but I took Benadryl and spent most of the day sleeping, only waking up to eat Thanksgiving dinner and write this blog post. (I had to take ugly pictures with a hive-covered face, but they're too embarrassing to put up on this blog...)I do one of these every year, so here it goes...

1. the universe. you throw the craziest things at all of us, but you know it's for the best. and somehow, through you, we're all connected.

2. my family. Familiy is always there, no matter what.

3. best friends. My list of best friends seems to grow every year. They're all like sisters to me.

4. tai. Oh, boyfriend...thank god I'm not the only book nerd, techno obsessed, and fashionista in this world.

5. dance. One of the few things I'm sure about in life. One of the many things that make me happy. The only thing that I will never stop living.

6. food, clothing, shelter. We often take these things for granted. Just think for a split second everyday that you're lucky. Really lucky.

7. music. It brings us all together in the most amazing ways - in the record stores, on the dancefloor, and on the stage. And I'm so thankful that I get the opportunity to create my own music and learn how to play different instruments.

8. books. Book nerds forever <3

9. hot tea, a snuggie, and my pup. The perfect equation for a lovely evening.

10. the golden hour. Realizing that you're surroundings are beautiful make you love life a little more everyday.

11. heartbreaker. I think about you everyday and how much you screwed me over. And I couldn't be more thankful that you did.

12. keltie colleen. Ms. Keltie. Everyday I wonder when I'm going to meet you and try not to act like a little fan girl. But I really must say that you inspire me to be my very best as a dancer, artist, lover, and child of the universe. Thank you for being you, a wonderful dancer and role model, and being the best for all of us in your army.

13. movies. Forever and always a movie junkie.

14. high school. It's been quite the four years (not over yet!). You've taught me the best and worst things about people, but I'm forever thankful. Sorry to say that I'm not going to miss you too much.

15. really high heels. They make my little legs look a bit longer. Thank you, 5-inch pumps.

16. fashion designers. Although your models make me feel even shorter and even more self-conscious about the way I look, you're always inspiring me to discover my own personal style and to not be afraid of things I want to wear.

17. laughter. They say laughing makes you live longer. At this rate, I'm going to live for forever. Thanks, laughter.

18. love. I know people are afraid of you sometimes - myself included - but the Beatles said it best: "All you need is love."

19. hugs + kisses. I'm a hugger and a kisser.

20. you. Every single one of you that read my blog inspire me so much every single day. I know there aren't many of you, but each and every one of you give me confidence and reassurance that maybe I can really achieve my dreams. You're always there sending me good vibes for an audition and wishing me well on my next performance, and every little bit helps! So thank you so much for all the support, love, and sweet tweets you all send me. You all are everything I could ask for plus more, so thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! And an infinity times more!

Now time to go back to sleep...
xobria

No comments: