Friday, December 31, 2010

2010.


The sun has set on the last day of 2010, and I've never been more sad to see a year end. This year has been one that I won't ever forget. In just a year, I've met so many people, made so many memories, learned a lot of lessons, made so many mistakes, and started to find my real self. This year has become something so special to me, and it'll be so tough to say goodbye to the ten. But 2011 is the year I've been waiting for ever since I started school. I'm graduating, and I'm starting college in the new year. What could be better?!

I want to thank all of you that read this blog for all your support and kind words. I know that I didn't keep up with the blog as much this year with all the stress I've been under towards the end of this year, but thanks for sticking around. It means a lot. I can't say "thank you" enough, but thank you thank you thank you times infinity! You guys are the best, and please remember that you inspire so much each and every single day. I love you all!

2010
This year was my year. This was the year that I found time to take care of myself and reinvented myself. It was a bumpy ride, but it was well worth it. Everything that I expected out of life, love, myself, and this year came true. It'll take a lot to top this year, but I'm so ready for 2011!
Just a few thoughts on this year...
-I feel like I lost a lot of my innocence this year, haha.
-Love is painful at its worst.
-Love is everything it's supposed to be at its best.
-I've grown closer with octopi, as well as other sea creatures.
-I didn't write much music this year. I'm not happy about that.
-I spent a lot of quality time with the piano this year. I am happy about that.
-I used to believe in "good things come to those who wait" until this year. Either it's "stop waiting and go after it" or "you just never know what's coming for you".
-Fate + destiny are two completely different things.
-I love driving.
-Funny things happen to funny people.
-Sometimes you'll get that apology you've been waiting for, and sometimes you don't. Either way, always forgive.
-I ended last year sick of techno music. Now I can't get enough. Sorry, but no one is going to ruin good music with sexy, fat beats for me. No one.
-I cheated on ice baths quite a lot this year with hot baths.
-I got in trouble a lot this year, but it was all worth it!
-I suck at budgeting money.
-I'm good at getting lost. And getting on the wrong subway.
-Religion is man-made. Faith is personal.
-Fuck deadlines.
-This summer was the best yet.
-A couple of boys I met this summer made me realize that I like green a lot more than I thought.
-Everyone wishes they were a 4H whore.
-NYC + me = a true love.
-I had a wake-up call this summer. I have a long way to go if I want to make it in the dance world. But I have what it takes.
-I met Shu. She's a delight!
-I found my cure.
-I found my savior.
-Skyping is cool. Whoever says it isn't obviously hasn't used it.
-Everything happens for a reason. I can't say that enough. I will never stop believing it.
-College kids would never trick you. Especially if you're a high school kid.
-Happy Hollows is a very special place to me.
-We did it.
-My definition of "walking distance" has changed completely thanks to this summer.
-I've always wanted to be hypnotized. And I got to this year, and I'm kinda bummed that I don't remember it all.
-My caterpillar blue suit is the instant party starter.
-I thought I slacked off a lot last year...until I realized how much I slacked off this year.
-Sporcle.com = procrastination at its finest.
-Girl kisses are all good fun.
-I wish I could wear a tutu in public more often.
-Being a live statue is a lot more fun than you think.
-Having the news channel show your ugly armpits while you're trying to be a pretty live statue isn't fun at all.
-I think the highlight of this semester is writing a 6-page research paper in 3 hours. I am a champ.
-I am so proud of Christina Perri. I've been waiting and waiting for her to get signed, and FINALLY!
-Singing "Jar of Hearts" in the middle of Central Park in a bikini while it's starting to rain is true happiness.
-I find new music faster than I can put it on my iPod.
-I want a Mac. Really really bad.
-Applying for college is stressful as everyone makes it to be. You don't joke around with that kind of stuff.
-I wish there were more hours in the day.
-Every Friday is a Plank Friday.
-Once again, snow has ruined some really fun plans.
-I like the other girl. I really do.
-Why do people walk away when they're scared? We could've been great together.
-Oh well, I'm still happy.
-This is the happiest I've been in a long time. True fax.
-FACT: I love every single one of you.
-MYTH: I'm friends with Keltie. Oh, how I wish...
-FACT: I love blogging.

Here's to the last day of 2010. Live it up you guys. I really hope you guys had much of an amazing year as I did. Because you all deserve it. I wish you all the best for 2011!

See you on the flipside!
xobria

No comments: