Monday, December 06, 2010

four...


It's here, folks - Nutcracker Theatre Week 2010.
I've got a busy week ahead of me, and I already feel like it's going to be a long week. It's good to be back here. I truly love the theatre, and even just being there for rehearsal in a leo + tights instead of a costume of tulle is such a wonderful feeling. I fall in love with the way the chairs in the house look from the stage. I fall in love with the scenery and the ropes that pull up the legs and curtains. I fall in love with the dark hallways backstage and the hot lights around the makeup mirrors. I'm in love with being at the theatre, so I'm more than happy to be here every single day of the week.

Here I am going off on my own to charge my laptop and trying to get some homework done between my cues onstage. I've got my pancaked pointe shoes for Arabian and my grandma sweater on. Very typical of theatre week. And of course leave it to me to wait till the last minute to sew new pointe shoes and jet glue these pancaked ones. Pedro usually tells us not to wear new pointe shoes onstage, but I'm breaking the rules before I break my ankle on these super dead pointe shoes.

Today was Act II, and I must say that I think that it was a pretty smooth run through. Besides Flowers (big surprise), everything only had to be danced once. The guest artist and arriving tomorrow, and we're all anxious to see what he's like.

First Theatre Week list!
-Please warn everyone before you peel a grape. It could be deadly.
-I must say, I have the best handmaidens for Arabian. They look fierce and make me look good at the same time too!
-Is it even possible to have a 16.67%?
-When I wasn't working on homework, I was crocheting. In my grandma sweater. How appropriate.
-I bought my first Moleskin journal today. Too bad it's not for me...
-My little bro should not be at the theatre this late at night.
-Who's that guy, and what is he doing here? ...oh. That's a girl...?

Till tomorrow...
xobria

No comments: